Is Webroot SecureAnywhere Complete Sufficient?

Tweety.Abd

Hey!

I'm very impressed by the product, but I'm doubting if it's sufficient to provide the same level security as ESET, Norton & Kaspersky, etc. Is this product a substitute to other AVs or a complement to an existing AV?

• Replies 12
  • Views 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

it`s good enough on it`s own but it permits you to use it alongside with other AV/IS. it`s your decision now if you use it with/out AV/IS.

it`s good enough on it`s own but it permits you to use it alongside with other AV/IS. it`s your decision now if you use it with/out AV/IS.

I'm currently using Symantec Endpoint Protection 12.1. I've read the reviews about Webroot SecureAnywhere Complete on PC Mag and it's been rated a very good product, but not so strong firewall protection. I'm just stuck in between now, I certainly can't have them both on my system - either Webroot or Symantec, but I'm not sure which one to choose. I dislike having more than one security tool on my computer.

IMO, it's a great suite. I'm generally a security freak, so I use it alongside Malware Defender, which is a HIPS/firewall. :showoff:

There two are my only realtime protection. Bottom line, if you're not careful, there's not a piece of software in the world good enough to protect you.

So for the completely careless user, I'd recommend Emsisoft (that thing detects everything, a billion false positives included :wub: ), but for the careful user Webroot, coupled with a supplementary firewall and/or/with HIPS is more than enough.

Thanks for the information, but I think I'll stick with Symantec Endpoint. :)

• 1 month later...

Just a reminder that Webroot can still be bought cheaply by upgrading from the old Webroot. Such as at Download Crew and other places. £4.95 for 3pc Essentials version. £7.95 Complete version ;)

That's the old Webroot. No point posting it as it's completely changed now with the purchase of Prevx. It's a totally different product to Secure Anywhere.

That's the old Webroot. No point posting it as it's completely changed now with the purchase of Prevx. It's a totally different product to Secure Anywhere.

Sorry mate, but seriously, webroot is one of the worst secuirtiy suites around out there, its almost the same "The new version" I can upload a zero day malware test about it if you want, I have two virtual machines running no problem for me, but for real, there are to many better and solid security suites to be talking about but webroot =(

I see what your saying. If compared to another security suite it may well fall short. Hopefully in future it will stand on it's own. Video? No thanks, I've seen videos of it scoring 100% and ones scoring 30%. I don't put much faith in videos. I know from using it myself it's a good product. It's not as good as many complete suites and I wouldn't recommend replacing Eset or Kaspersky with it. As a Prevx type thing, using with other security I think it's well worth the prices I posted above. Worth £50? NO :D

I'd use it with OA or Comodo FW, Sandboxie etc and it's a very nice and light AV, with many usefull features. Especially on a slow/ old computer. The options are pretty much endless as to what configuration you use.

I never encounter viruses and such anyway like some people seem to :lol: I put it down to the best security being the person in front of the pc. ^_^

I see what your saying. If compared to another security suite it may well fall short. Hopefully in future it will stand on it's own. Video? No thanks, I've seen videos of it scoring 100% and ones scoring 30%. I don't put much faith in videos. I know from using it myself it's a good product. It's not as good as many complete suites and I wouldn't recommend replacing Eset or Kaspersky with it. As a Prevx type thing, using with other security I think it's well worth the prices I posted above. Worth £50? NO :D

I'd use it with OA or Comodo FW, Sandboxie etc and it's a very nice and light AV, with many usefull features. Especially on a slow/ old computer. The options are pretty much endless as to what configuration you use.

I never encounter viruses and such anyway like some people seem to :lol: I put it down to the best security being the person in front of the pc. ^_^

Thats why I said no even close to ESET before your reply, LOL. And yes, it can't be compared to Kaspersky or NIS or ESET, such a big difference, but yes if you help it by using it along side other av it may be good, clean computer? it should be, since for normal usage of the computer you won't usually open zerodaymalware.exe I guess, yes its light since it doesn't have a big engine, its almost entirely based on cloud system as well as Prevx, thats why with no internet the scan seems to detect almost 0, the price of light! And yes there are videos for any score you are looking for, I was asking just because I'm part of this cummunity and it would be a more serious test than any other out there.

PD: And the "No even close to ESET" comment was aimed to people who has ESET to don't even think that Webroot could do the job better.

Archived