• Google Chrome
    • Opera
    • Apple Safari
    • Avant Browser
    • Pale Moon
    • WaterFox
    • Cometbird
    • Other Browser

Chrome is beating up firefox.. but I'm still using firefox cos for me its the best

please vote as of december 2011

• Replies 34
  • Views 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Firefox. For some reason, it's frowned upon here. Possibly because of all of the updates within a short period of time, but I like the add-ons. The fact that it's been around for longer means that the makers of the add-ons should know what they're doing by now, so I trust them more. Plus I don't use an AV, so I need reliable add-ons for safer browsing.

SacredCultivator

Firefox for me.

I'm just used to it and it has the Extensions i like and use.

Tried Chrome and yes it's fast and all but just isn't to my liking. Only use it as Portable, generally for Work-related purposes.

me too i used chromium portable only.. still firefox is my choice :D

iE9 works gr8 for me some govt.sites does not open in FF as faster as in iE9

I've been using Opera for years and no intention to change. It has everything I need plus much more without having to install any extensions, including a great email client. In fact I don't have any extension installed. :P

I really like srware iron (another chromium browser) but also love firefox as long as I have the memory fox addon since ff loves to hog memory

PaleMoon. Chrome is fast but the adblock+ doesn't work as well for me on it so there are few annoying popups + ads with timers I don't like to deal with.

i can't live without the firefox addons

adblock greasemonkey

skipscreen

the list endless

and really it does not use that much memory

Monkey D. Luffy

Waterfox+loads of awesome add-ons FTW

seriously everyone who has a Windows 64 bit computer should be using Waterfox.

Chrome is beating up firefox.. but I'm still using firefox cos for me its the best

please vote as of december 2011

same here, but im using Chrome for now until FF 10 or 11 comes out next year.

Chrome's addon compatibility blows for ported addons like ad block plus, flagfox doesnt even work anymore.

does NOT have shortcut to addons... sigh

cometbird

Together, Firefox and Opera had been satisfying me for web browsing and I'm Using them both. Fx is my primary borwser and Opera is secondary.

I tried Chrome/ium when the first beta was released, and all I saw was a bullshit, couple weeks ago I tried version 17 Dev and although it brought many, many goodies since that 0.x beta version, but still was a bullshit. I'm really confused and have no idea why people are loving Chrome so much ! Maybe because of Google's name or even its Icon ?

Still using Firefox. Chrome has issues showing flash games properly...

I am using firefox here. The only reason I am with it due to some of the extention. I am having problem where it uses over 100MB ram even when there is only a few tab open. Occasionally lag on streaming video, no it is not the buffering, it's just the movie doesn't play smooth in the browser.

I was using Firefox for a very long time. One day when I was bored, I installed Chrome. I was very surprised, because it worked very fast and smoothly. It's also skinnable, and there are many add-ons, just like Firefox.

For me, Chrome is the best because it's fast, looks fine, it's safe and it's updated regularly.

I prefer Maxthon. Google Chrome keep giving me Adobe Shockwave crashing problem

i can't live without the firefox addons

adblock greasemonkey

skipscreen

the list endless

and really it does not use that much memory

true....em totally comfortable with mozilla firefox..............

i was very happy whit crome...than i switched back to firefox ...now i whant back to chrome :ninja:

Always used Opera - even when they still had advertising at the top. It is the best. Opera Turbo is very useful for me, love Opera Link to sync with my Motorola etc...it's all great (don't forget the mouse gestures that have been around for ages).

Archived