ESS Help

ESET Freak

Hi, may I know how do I close ESS or don't allow it to run during startup? Coz I can't find any way to close it, unlike ESS V2.

• Replies 5
  • Views 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Run → msconfig → Startup

Now just untick the box next to "egui"

Apply → OK

restart; enjoy <_<

Run → msconfig → Startup

Now just untick the box next to "egui"

Apply → OK

restart; enjoy <_<

Only the Graphical User Interface won't start if you do that, i think he might want to shut down ESS as a whole, am i right?

Note: This will disable anti virus protection!!! Make sure that you know what you're doing.

Then you should set the ekrn.exe service to manual/disabled. You should try to find this at 'My Computer' in the start menu, right click it, choose 'Manage', click 'Services and Applications', choose 'Services' and find 'Eset Service'. Put this service to disabled/automatic to stop ESS from starting at computer start. You should use this in combination with what Marik told you earlier.

I'm not sure if you're allowed to do this by Eset but in theory it should work(after restarting the computer ekrn.exe shouldn't load anymore if you set it to 'Disabled').

how abt closing it?

Do as the guys above say,then restart your pc.

Ive just read that you,ve got 2 av,s is that right?If you have,they,ll conflict with each other and your at a higher risk of getting infected.Just choose one that you like,in my case its ESS 642,and use that.

But other sites says ESET has bad removal rate.

Archived