CCleaner Tip, Speed up CCleaner

Marik

Is CCleaner a bit slow for you?

I mean, mine used to take roughly 0.100 seconds to do a scan when there wasn't much to find (!!!). Can't be doing sitting around waiting for that.

So, wander over to your programmes folder, find the CCleaner folder and find the file "winapp.ini"

In here are the references that CCleaner uses to hunt for junk files. Now, this hunts through multiple locations for Office (XP, 2003, etc) multiple version of Acrobat Reader (6.0 7.0 etc) and software I don't use. So, go through the file, and delete references to any software that you don't have. Save.

Now, when I run CCleaner, a search takes 0.075 seconds! I've sheared off 0.025 seconds! Now, if that isn't efficient I don't know what is...

Scheeze... not sure what's sadder, that I found this out, that I wrote it up here, or that some of you will probably implement this "tweak" :rolleyes:

• Replies 12
  • Views 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Will we...? I won't :rolleyes: 0.025 second, just like i care!

:( Touché :rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Now, when I run CCleaner, a search takes 0.075 seconds! I've sheared off 0.025 seconds! Now, if that isn't efficient I don't know what is...

:)

Guys, just imagine what you can do in that 0.025 seconds!

If I could run as fast as light I would jog for 7500 kilometres!

well I for one can stuff my mouth in 0.025 when it comes to beer or burgers :)

Thanks.But isn't it easier to just disable these appz from the CCleaner menu itself?

Hehehehehe :P Yes, it is :)

well I for one can stuff my mouth in 0.025 when it comes to beer or burgers :rolleyes:

you made me hungry,im going to get some lunch and skip the ccleaner for now.

Archived