which version of firefox is much lighter and faster?

visualbuffs

FIREFOX VERSION  

60 members have voted

1. 1. which version of firefox is more lighter and faster?

• firefox version 3 or earlier
    • firefox version 8 and so on

I find out that firefox 3.x is much ok when it comes to slow computer

though firefox latest version 8 is much ok when it comes to stability security and interface

• Replies 11
  • Views 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you're talking about official firefox builds then Aurora channel is the fastest/lightest(since it came out) while Nightly has the latest features & more options. With custom builds Palemoon is the best & for 64 bit versions Waterfox is worth a try :lol:

Well, I'm on beta channel and firefox loads very fast, either in linux or windows.

If you're talking about official firefox builds then Aurora channel is the fastest/lightest(since it came out) while Nightly has the latest features & more options. With custom builds Palemoon is the best & for 64 bit versions Waterfox is worth a try :lol:

Thanks, I didn't even know about these different Firefox builds. Been looking for a faster/lighter alternative to Firefox. Will have to check out these different Firefox builds. Quite a few to pick from to test though...

Thanks, I didn't even know about these different Firefox builds. Been looking for a faster/lighter alternative to Firefox. Will have to check out these different Firefox builds. Quite a few to pick from to test though...

the best and fastest firefox is if you build it on your own machine the compiler can optimise it for your specific hardware

• 2 weeks later...

At this point-in-time, the lowest production version is the v8 as all the previous ones seem to have been discontinued by Mozilla. :dunno:

• 1 month later...

Archived