what power plan do you prefer to use in win7/vista?

visualbuffs

66 members have voted

1. 1. what power plan do you prefer to use?

• balance
    • high performance
    • power saver
  2. 2. what is your os architecture?

• x64 bit
    • 32 bit
  3. 3. does windows 7 different edition affect the pc performance? pls comment

• yes
    • no

i want to know how to improve my astone netbox performance

i just switched between "balance" "and high performance" power plan on win 7 professional x86

i think there's no difference between balance and high

should i switch to x64? my ram was 2gb (i think this is necessary to switch to x64)

thats why i use this pc only when im chatting etc.

cos my other pc almost high speed

you guys.. what is your power plan?

should any one suggest how to improve my pc performance more

i also tweak my pc

i turn off some services. task scheduler . startup item . disable program using TuneupUtilities 2012 ..

i used process lasso.. i defrag mydisk.. i clean and defrag my registry

i also clean junk files.

thanks mate hope u reply and vote

• Replies 11
  • Views 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why disable task scheduler? That should be needed for many background tasks. Better disable Wireless,Printer,Remote Desktop, Animations, transparency( keep aero ), Indexing Service etc.

You better check if your computer can support 64bit and if your willing to spend on ram. You must get same or similar ram as you have atm and really think if you got any program that is 64bit.

People say, get lots of ram 4-8gb and use some of it for ramdisk and pagefile ( programs you use and minimize are kept on ram and harddrive inside a file called pagefile to keep pc running smooth when ram is full but it can be disabled or moved )

Power plans don't change cpu performance and gpu you can control with amd,nvdia included programs.

Slowest part is hard-drive, instead of buying more ram you could buy same harddrive and run both in raid mode for double speed?

Apart from the second question, this poll is useless. You could've opened a topic regarding the third in software chat section.

• 2 weeks later...

i prefer balanced plan but i checked the option which my computer never sleep

INSOMNIA

i use process lasso have it set to stay on high performence cept when im away from computer then switch to balenced however i disabled the sleep mode on it

I use a custom HP but I lower the hard drive power off time and kill hiber and sleep.

Prefer the balanced power options as the system is never shutdown/on sleep mode/or even on hibernate mode. It's always working on seeding torrents. I don't really need high performance for torrents.

The 64-bit is certainly useful for me as my system is on 16 GBs of RAM.

Sorry about the third option, voted yes but can't make a judgement as the ultimate edition is the only one I've ever used.

• 3 weeks later...

clean and defrag my registry

^ That could be the reason why your computer is slow.... DONT mess with the registry it is the HEART of your os or something like that

I did the same to my old vista home premium and then start up was slower and i got more errors resulting in me to reformat my pc..

• 2 weeks later...

i want to know how to improve my astone netbox performance

i just switched between "balance" "and high performance" power plan on win 7 professional x86

i think there's no difference between balance and high

should i switch to x64? my ram was 2gb (i think this is necessary to switch to x64)

thats why i use this pc only when im chatting etc.

cos my other pc almost high speed

you guys.. what is your power plan?

should any one suggest how to improve my pc performance more

i also tweak my pc

Switching power plans DOES have influence on my laptop,since the computer throttles/over-clocks the processor on the fly when needed.

Unless you have more than 4Gb of ram, I think you shouldn't switch over to x64..

Archived