Need help with Nod32 ver.5

freud

Hi everybody... I need your help!!

I've installed nod32, fixed it with box.mara... everything seemed to be ok... but...

I can't use my external hard disk any more... if i connect it BEFORE starting the pc everything is ok, if I try to connect it after turning on my pc... EVERYTHING freezes!!!

I've uninstalled version 5, re-installed 4.2.71.3 italian version and... EVERYTHING OK once again!!!

HELP (and excuse me 4 my huge english!!!): I must try to make ver.5 work, or I could keep on running with the older one? (I've tried to find ver.5 in italian language, but it has not been released yet... )

• Replies 4
  • Views 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I

Hi everybody... I need your help!!

I've installed nod32, fixed it with box.mara... everything seemed to be ok... but...

I can't use my external hard disk any more... if i connect it BEFORE starting the pc everything is ok, if I try to connect it after turning on my pc... EVERYTHING freezes!!!

I've uninstalled version 5, re-installed 4.2.71.3 italian version and... EVERYTHING OK once again!!!

HELP (and excuse me 4 my huge english!!!): I must try to make ver.5 work, or I could keep on running with the older one? (I've tried to find ver.5 in italian language, but it has not been released yet... )

Try ESET NOD32 v5 > Advance Options > Removable Media > UNCHECK:

• Acition to take after inserting removable media
  • Removable media blocking rules

I have it off myself but it never caused a freezing problem when I had it on.

:cheers:

you are using windows xp - eset nows about the problem , the next version will solve this problem !

for the moment not using v5 on windows xp ! its a bug in eset v5 on xp and external drives !

Thank you guys!!! I've reinstalled the previous version, and everything seems to be ok!!!

P.S. Just like jedi, if I use a usb key I have no problem!

See ya!!!

Archived