the ultimate WXP

dock98

his is one of the most complete Windows XP Tweak guides on the net. This guide will show you how to do everything from disabling startup programs to defragging your page file in order to get the most performance out of your Windows XP machine. My previous post on speeding up Windows XP startup times was one of my most popular posts for awhile. I encourage you to check that post out for some easy tips on speeding up Windows XP startup times.

The Ultimate Windows XP Optimization/Tweak Guide is a comprehensive guide that will give you performance increases all across the board, perfect for a slower machine, and amazing for a fast machine. These XP tweaks will speed up XP dramatically along with improving Windows XP start times, shutdown times, file copying performance, playing games, installing and using programs.

The guide is organized into 3 different sections, because it includes over 20 different tweaks and optimizations: Easy XP Tweaks include quick and easy XP optimizations that you can do in a matter of seconds and work your way through easily, Intermediate Tweaks includes performance enhancements that take a little more time and moving around in Windows XP to implement, while last but not least, Advanced Tweaks include things like modifying the registry and using 3rd party programs to optimize Windows XP. Don’t let the section names fool you, just because one is labeled advanced and the other is labeled intermediate does not mean that you’ll have a hard time performing the advanced tweaks, it’s just these take a little long to implement, and they are all fairly easy to do. The Ultimate Windows XP Optimization Tweak Guide will take you through each tweak, step-by-step.

As with anytime you mess around with your OS, you should make backups of your important files and folders just as a precaution. I have been optimizing my Windows XP for a few years now, and have never had any problems with these tweaks as long as you follow the instructions.

Website

• Replies 2
  • Views 974
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This seems like a pretty complete guide dock, just like the one marik posted on the forums. They probably have a lot of the same but i think i'll find some new things in here as well.

Edit: It's quite the same as marik's one, i even think the one marik made was a bit more advanced. But this one is more clear for the average pc user.

Archived