Merging/Stitching Image Program

SacredCultivator

SacredCultivator

Dear Readers,

I was wondering what is a good simple program I can use to just easily Merge/Stitch photo's together... The one that came with my Canon Camera CD just sucks and does it improperly..

Thanks.

---

EDIT:

Nothing BLOATED like PhotoShop..

Preferably something free or just very simple as I am strictly using only to stitch 2 pictures together.

• Replies 8
  • Views 922
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Photoshop is not bloated at all. Whatever you do with the images, you will find out that the final result will look better saved/exported from PS. By the way, PS has extraordinary features for what I think you want to do, Photomerge and maybe High Dynamic Range (HDR) merging - and much more you will find out playing with your photos. Maybe now you think I just want a simple task - and nothing more, but after you learn some PS you will never go back to anything else.

SacredCultivator

Nah I know how powerful PS is when you learn how to use it and all and I know the final result of things is just superb, but yeah I am not all into it =X

So what you trying to do exactly? You have more pics from one shoot and want to put them one near another and save it like a new pic?

SacredCultivator

Simply put yeah. So it is mainly jsut 2 Pics and I want to have them 'side by side' so to speak and create a new picture.

The program I used (came with Camera CD) it sorta does it but then it seems to have 'cut-off' some of the picture and so it just looks horrible and the 'editing' for it is just plain useless.

Well, go for Irfan View - it's free and on the site (I think). I just pasted some pic near another and it worked. It has some other features too. It's recognized for it's speedy pic viewing and "unbloatedness" :( Also, you might find ACDSee likeable, I used it before Irfan View. Although I admit things are done in PS like 20 times easier and faster.

Edit Ashampoo is a pretty good software provider which has some competitive products. Probably their photo manager is above average.

SacredCultivator

Hmmm not too sure on that, asked my friend to help as he uses PS, but then again yeah want to try to find a simple proggy so I can do it for the future.

---

EDIT:

@toyo: Yeah I was looking into irfan View, but wasn't too sure if it supported Stitching, I'll instlal that and give it a go as I used to use that.

:( it does not stitch, it does copy/paste :P you arrange and move the stuff. Oh, Illustrator and CorelDraw also know stuff like this.

How simple it is: New document, import pic 1, import pic 2, resize, drag so they are positioned like you want it, save. Basically it's the same on PS.

Maybe the most important thing is this: if you gonna use something rudimentary, you will learn nada. Nothing. If you choose something with professional feats, you will be challenged and you will, eventually, LEARN SOMETHING. If you photograh things and you like doing it, PS is like getting yourself the best new camera in the world so you can play with it - and this will come free. Learning Adobe stuff will take you from one product to another - PS to Illustrator, then to Flash, then to After Effects, Premiere Pro, Soundbooth and so on. In no time, you will be a small wizard in multimedia - and you will like it.

Archived