Dual monitors. External flickers

vin3e

Hey guys,

I recently bought a 22" Samsung 255MW TV/Monitor and hooked it up to my Laptop so I could dual screen.

When plugged in, my monitor will show white lines going down... Not exactly completely white but faint electronic interferance type lines.

Now i've done some research and people say it has something to do with a low quality DVI cable supplied with my TV and some say it has something to do with my electrics of the house.

Can anyone recommend me a good DVI cable to buy so I dont end up buying another cable just as bad as the one supplied please.

Do you think a new DVI cable will work? Have you got any other solutions rather than forking out yet more money?

Thanks guys.. Needing your help once again.

• Replies 3
  • Views 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Does it only flicker when you use both of them? Or does it flicker when you use just that one too?

Well I've figured out why it flickers.

The laptop and Monitor work together. However when I plug in the adapter to my laptop.. The interference comes back. When it runs on battery power its works fine.

The solution ive found was to buy a DVI to HDMI cable to replace the default DVI to DVI cable i was given.

The cable has yet to come but do you think it would work? If not do you know the cause of this?

Thanks

Hmmm, i hope it does work but i don't totally understand your last post. Could you explain further?

Archived