Is NOD32/ESS 3.0 that good?

gest

With a lot of time waiting patiently for the new nsane fix, I have started hearing a few odd things about NOD32/ESS 3.x.

Namely, wilders has a lengthy thread on how the newest version do not play nicely with other party firwalls. Something to do with it's own proxy use. Lots of manual config's to get around a few simple things...

Can some give me some first hand experience on new version versus the 2.7 version?

Hopefully it will not come to this but is Kaspersky the answer if not Eset? Other AV's?

• Replies 3
  • Views 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
johnnyhatezjazz

The product still scores very high in all tests.

Both are low resource consuming and easy to understand.

The fun part off course is that there still is no definitive fix for it, maybe when there is a definitive fix, I will return to a AV/Firewall - less existance.

With most people it will be about "emotion", when you have a working ESET, why change??

new ESS work great i am using it since beta and it's perfect now

nice 2008 firewall with many feature's

Feature

Description

Low layer network communication scanning

Network communication scanning on the Data Link Layer enables ESET Personal Firewall to overcome a variety of attacks that would otherwise be undetectable.

IPv6 support

ESET Personal Firewall displays IPv6 addresses and allows users to create rules for them.

Executable file monitoring

Monitoring changes in executable files in order to overcome infection. It is possible to allow file modification of signed applications.

File scanning integrated with HTTP and POP3

Integrated file scanning into the HTTP and POP3 application protocols. Users are protected when browsing the Internet or downloading emails.

Intrusion Detection System

Ability to recognize the character of network communication and various types of network attacks and an option to automatically ban such communication.

Interactive, Automatic or Policy-based mode support

Users can select whether the firewall actions will be executed automatically, or if they want to set rules interactively. Communication in policy-based mode is handled according to rules predefined by the user or the network administrator.

Supersedes Integrated Windows Firewall

Supersedes the Integrated Windows Firewall, it also interacts with the Windows Security Center so the user is always informed about his security status. ESET Smart Security installation turns off the windows firewall by default

With a lot of time waiting patiently for the new nsane fix, I have started hearing a few odd things about NOD32/ESS 3.x.

Namely, wilders has a lengthy thread on how the newest version do not play nicely with other party firwalls. Something to do with it's own proxy use. Lots of manual config's to get around a few simple things...

Can some give me some first hand experience on new version versus the 2.7 version?

Hopefully it will not come to this but is Kaspersky the answer if not Eset? Other AV's?

ask Toyo about KIS.he is the resident expert.

Archived