aXXo Returns

Bolt_Gundam510

Bolt_Gundam510

by Ernesto

During November last year we reported that the popular DVD ripper aXXo had decided to take a break and stop releasing new material for a while. It now seems that he is back in business. A few hours ago aXXo uploaded his first movie in months. He chose “I Am Legend”.

Since November 11 2007, when the last official aXXo torrent was uploaded, it has been awfully quiet. Some people assumed that aXXo had got himself caught while others claimed he had an accident. After a while it became clear that he simply decided to take some time off.

An administrator on Darkside RG, the official home of aXXo explained at the time: “aXXo told us that he has decided to take a break, so you will not see new aXXo torrents anywhere for a while. Please show your support by keeping his torrents alive until he comes back, as always, he will post here first when he does.”

Now, after nearly four months of absence aXXo has returned, and uploaded his first .torrent on Darkside RG and other torrent sites. It’s the news that many BitTorrent users have been waiting for.

Marking his comeback with the movie “I Am Legend” could be seen as symbolic. Before aXXo decided to take a break, an estimated one million people downloaded his DVDrips every month. The search term aXXo was undoubtedly the most popular at many torrent sites. Although there are conflicting opinions in respect of the quality of his work, there can be no dispute that he was, and still is, very popular indeed.

While some see him in an almost religious light, others have been quick to take advantage of his popularity for nefarious purposes, or have used the aXXo brand to draw attention to their own releases, like KLAXXON did.

Even though some see him as a legend, aXXo certainly isn’t without his critics but whatever the position, his popularity is indisputable…..along with his modesty.

Source: Torrent Freak

• Replies 20
  • Views 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nice, hope to see a lot of new movie torrents from him.

i saw his name under a "meet the spartans torrent" but it was a fake :frusty:

Yeah, he's quite popular so many people use his name in fakes.

meh.. the lame re-encoder is back..

What if he is a lame re-encoder, his releases are always of quality and never have problems. Some of the releases 'scene' groups give aren't that good. He's more a quality standard, however i think he should mention the groups name he got the movie from...

He's quite popular, so many people use his name in fakes :P

meh.. the lame re-encoder is back..

What if he is a lame re-encoder, his releases are always of quality and never have problems. Some of the releases 'scene' groups give aren't that good. He's more a quality standard, however i think he should mention the groups name he got the movie from...

i saw his name under a "meet the spartans torrent" but it was a fake :(

He's quite popular, so many people use his name in fakes :(

Thats right :frusty: he got good quality and many people try and fake it you know like the anti :pirate: its all good :P

i have downloaded a axxo movie but if i want to play it it isnt working do i have to instal something??

i have downloaded a axxo movie but if i want to play it it isnt working do i have to instal something??

If you install VLC Media Player or GOM Player so will you be able to watch more or less anything.

voodoohippie

Well I've been Downloading lots of his works from sits like isohunt, mininova and the pirate bay. His work has always been great. I also have a platinum subscription on Graboid and love it. Zero fakes and complete DvD files there that you get the menues, extras, and everything. I've seen his work on some of the NZB files I got from Graboid.

I have both VLC media player and I have the KL mega codec pack. Always worked good for me.

aXXo copies work and recodes it, and then he pretends he does all the work

only thing is that his releases are always 700mb and so there's not much bandwith needed to download it, thats why he's popular

aXXo copies work and recodes it, and then he pretends he does all the work

exactly my point of view.. B)

i personally dont see what the big deal is. he is a guy, who makes dvd rips. i could do the same if i cared that much. the scene does this anyways... and its only torrents. i have never had the need to ever download an axxo movie or any movie on torrents for that reason. usenet for the win

Archived