iPhone 3GS firmware downgrade from iOS5?

Win7nerd

Ok so I've recently acquired a iPhone 3GS and it has iOS 5 on it :( but luckily the guy had it jailbroken. Now the thing is can I DOWNGRADE to a lower iOS of my blobs are saved? He did not have 4.3.3 saved but he did have 4.3 and some others saved. I'll post a screen shot of all what he's got saved for blobs. Later I'm on my mobile. Plus there is NO sim in the phone can I "hacktivate" via snowbreeze? I can't get past the setup screen. I haven't tried all my methods yet to get to the main home screen. As I've been busy. Ant suggestions to the said above? Help with this would be awesome! :) and btw I'm on a new bootrom :(

update to this posting, ive been able to hacktivate it, but now for the activation of the iphone.....if i were to use a PREPAID Sim card for my iphone would it work for my 3G? as ive seen on you-tube it does work and some ppl it don't what do you think. and again im sorry for posting this is in the wrong section but i posted my other one in the RIGHT one and got ignored...so yeah lol.

• Replies 7
  • Views 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

well my problem is now that i cant restore to 4.2.1 (even though ive got my blobs saved) and itunes says im not eligible for said buld YET TU says ive got my blobs saved. im trying to restore right now with a stock (from apple IPSW) file and it wont let me, nor will it let me restore with a custom build IPSW, the thing is was the idiot who sold it to me upgraded to Ios 5 and luckily had it jailbroken on 4.2.1 but see i went back to 4.2.1(custom) with no issue but as i was playing with 4.2.1 fir my 3GS i noticed the notification system was NON existent so i attempted to restore with a from apple IPSW and it wont let me. HELP PLEASE???? :(

Why would you want to downgrade in the first place?

because its a tethered jailbreak (ios 5) and i DONT have 4.3.3 blobs saved as i just got it days ago. so im stuck with 4.2.1 on 3gs, no sim.

seems TU was able to get 5.0.1 blobs after updating to recent version recently updates on their website. i wish there was a program to create blobs on any firmware lol. my only issue now is ive hactivated 4.2.1 untethered and my push notifications aren't working is there ANY app via cydia to fix these? confirmed working. ive tried push doctor but it fails for me :( like itll download but itll give me an error and "return to cydia" button but not install the program...wtf? :(

Archived