The Best Antivirus

Technology

Hey,

which one is the best antivirus; Eset NO 32, Avast, Comodo, BullGuard, Kaspersky, Bitdefender, ZoneAlarm, Vipre and PC Tools. Bear in mind, these all anitvirus should be rated according to new versions.

• Replies 47
  • Views 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

"Best", like "beauty", is in the eyes of the beholder. :)

Just try everyone of them and use what you prefer the most. ;)

Just search on forums. There are more than few threads discussing the "best" antivirus, they will help you pick the right one.

If Bitdefender takes down the size and reqired RAM memory_like the revolution which Symantec did on using system resources_ SURE Bitdfender will be the only solution!

but until that time.............Kaspersky!

There really is no "best" antivirus app or any security suite imho.. Security, I believe, starts with common sense; a bit of planning (by way of reading through various product test reviews); a bit of experimentation (by actually testing the apps you are eyeing to use) on a test rig; finally installing your preferred apps, then setting up your preferred level of security..

it also pays to have a lean, mean machine, by disabling all unwanted services, startup programs, and having tools like Process Lasso, CleanMem, helps in the overall system resource usage and responsiveness.. defragging your primary drive, cleaning out junk from the system and registry, makes your rig in tip-top shape..

going back to the original topic on what particular suite, I tried them all, hated and loved some, but eventually stucked with Avast.. All other choices are great, it just boils down to preference and how you set up your system to your liking..

it also pays to test your system through online sites like GRC ShieldsUp and other security to see if there are still a few holes that can still be patched up..

i tried almost every antivirus, but the nowadays antivirus with HIPS module is more preferable, however, no antivirus is 100% protective. Eset, is good in detection but the ram usage is quite high. I was thinking Avira IS 2012, but when I saw the reviews I turndown. Comodo 5.8 is quite good but the problem it has it mostly depends on HIPS module which make its quite vulnerable. Norton is not in my list since bit complex to understand. Trustport is very good but I will prefer Gdata but ram usage is extremely high for both antivirus..

If you use the forum search and you'll find a zillion threads about 'Which is the best....'. It'll save a lot of time and a LOT of typing....this question gets asked like once a month....every month. lol

If you use the forum search and you'll find a zillion threads about 'Which is the best....'. It'll save a lot of time and a LOT of typing....this question gets asked like once a month....every month. lol

+1. the answer always comes down to which suits you the best, you cant go wrong with the big anti-virus names.

Archived