Do you wear glasses?

Tweety.Abd

Do you wear glasses?  

76 members have voted

1. 1. Do you wear glasses?

• Yes, can't see with them - eye-sight is horrible, wear them at all times.
    • No. My eye-sight is perfectly fine.
    • I just put them on whenever needed (reading glasses, etc.)

I do wear glasses and lots of people wear glasses (the ones which are required to see - power glasses) these days and I were wondering it'd be interesting to know how many people here in this forum wear glasses :)

So vote in :)

• Replies 31
  • Views 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Only Wear Glasses (preferred 3D glasses) while having X-rated Sex. :P ..now don't ask me why? try it yourself.. :P :lol:

• Administrator

I have them and wear it all the time. :)

Got them when I was 9 years old or so. Is about -3.5 to -4 right now. All of them in my family had them, until my sis did the Lasik surgery. ^_^

I have them and wear it all the time. :)

Got them when I was 9 years old or so. Is about -3.5 to -4 right now. All of them in my family had them, until my sis did the Lasik surgery. ^_^

My left eye is -5.0 and right one's -4.5 :( I got them on February 2008 and wear them ever since :(

• Administrator

Wow. Quite a good number in a small time. Milk and carrots are known to help your eyes, keep having them. :)

I don't know what's the standard there, but here glasses are used more than the plastic ones. My father is using the plastic ones from some time now and they are good for reducing the burden.

Do Sunglasses count? B)

No they don't, unless you can't see without them in the sun (there are people who face difficulty in seeing without the sunglasses, so if so, it does count :)

I wear them when I can't see what I'm reading, in front of the computer, at school, rarely on the street (guess I'm ashamed to wear 'em on the street, :P)

i have a near normal vision , but i wear glasses especially while doing computer work .

my doc recommended me Crizal Anti Glare lenses to be worn when sitting in front of a bright screen like the computer monitor ,

when i complained of headaches and reading problems .

Crizal.jpg.

and these lenses do make quite a difference , coz i hardly ever noticed the complaints again after wearing them . ! :)

some other tips while sitting in front of a computer screen for long hours --

> proper posture .

> blink regularly.

> take regular short breaks .

> shift your focus now and then while sitting continuously . eg - look into the distance, a far away point taking the eyes off the screen .

> adjust the screen brightness to a comfortable level , and not on full blast .

> adjust the room lighting to a soothing comfort level and not in high contrast . like , sitting in a dark room with the monitor staring at you on full .

> moisturize your eyes with solutions like artificial eye drops .

> eat healthy . lots of milk , carrots , fruits , green leafy vegetables .

these might sound like routine things and some thing we give off saying " i know , i know . " , but sadly we forget to imply them or do them ,

but they go a long way in maintaining the natural luminance of the eyes and keep them healthy and trouble free . :)

i have a near normal vision , but i wear glasses especially while doing computer work .

my doc recommended me Crizal Anti Glare lenses to be worn when sitting in front of a bright screen like the computer monitor ,

when i complained of headaches and reading problems .

and these lenses do make quite a difference , coz i hardly ever noticed the complaints again after wearing them . ! :)

some other tips while sitting in front of a computer screen for long hours --

> proper posture .

> blink regularly.

> take regular short breaks .

> shift your focus now and then while sitting continuously . eg - look into the distance, a far away point taking the eyes off the screen .

> adjust the screen brightness to a comfortable level , and not on full blast .

> adjust the room lighting to a soothing comfort level and not in high contrast . like , sitting in a dark room with the monitor staring at you on full .

> moisturize your eyes with solutions like artificial eye drops .

> eat healthy . lots of milk , carrots , fruits , green leafy vegetables .

these might sound like routine things and some thing we give off saying " i know , i know . " , but sadly we forget to imply them or do them ,

but they go a long way in maintaining the natural luminance of the eyes and keep them healthy and trouble free . :)

You forgot to mention that "Too much sex is bad for your eyes", including w_nking. :lol:

I forgot to mention, I too wear glasses - rimless, varifocal, photochromic plastic lense with anti-glare & scratch resistant coatings. I bought it in Bangkok for £85 ($170 at the time), cost in London is over £300

I've heard that lenses harm eyes, glasses not so much, true?

I've heard that lenses harm eyes, glasses not so much, true?

I've heard the same too. Need confirmation on this.

by lenses i meant glasses only ,i dont wear Anti Glare lenses but glasses / spectacles . :P

yes the lenses used to be some what bad for eyes , because the previous ones were acrylic based and not of good quality .

but not any more .

there are new types of lenses available which are not acrylic ,but based upon Aqueous material , which is perfectly hydrated and soft and thus comfortable to wear .

of course there are certain precautions to be kept in mind regarding care and usage ( which the optician will tell you once you get the lenses ),

but in general they are perfectly safe to use .. :)

I wear lenses for the past 8 years and have not experienced not one single problem. The only "pain" part it the liquid and the box for them plus some extra hygiene because of direct eye contact.

by lenses i meant glasses only ,i dont wear Anti Glare lenses but glasses / spectacles . :P

yes the lenses used to be some what bad for eyes , because the previous ones were acrylic based and not of good quality .

but not any more .

there are new types of lenses available which are not acrylic ,but based upon Aqueous material , which is perfectly hydrated and soft and thus comfortable to wear .

of course there are certain precautions to be kept in mind regarding care and usage ( which the optician will tell you once you get the lenses ),

but in general they are perfectly safe to use .. :)

Oh, I see, could be, but I bet the aquatic based once are quite expensive too, no?

I use Binoculars but still don`t have X-Ray...

:rofl: Nice one, jofre! :thumbsup:

Archived