iPad 2

myidisbb

okay story behind this. i won the national guard ipod guessing versin 4 back in march of this year. it never got to me and after much emails and phone calls they sent an ipad 2 wifi 16gb. i havent turn it on it. busy at a military school at the moment. i know its basically a tablet with evil apple os on it. what can i do with it and other stuff? giogn to charge it tonight. i find it funny that the charger has an usb connnection to the plug and the fkup apply connection to the ipad. what happen to the manetic power cords that they bragged about on their bs computers? then there is the important product infomratin guide. its so freaken small i cant even read the dang thing even if i wanted too. and it comes with two apple stickers that im guessing im suppose to place on the ipad myself. guess it would cost too much to have a chinese slave labor do it. conencted to the pc usb port to see whats on it. all im getting is apple ipad then internal storage and this DCIM folder

• Replies 9
  • Views 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I saw a video somewhere "Smashing an iPad"...

very funny. but since its a free item i like to know what the heck im supplose to do with it? im charging it. im guessing thats the problem. i get the itune icon wnad the usb cord and then to goes back to black screen. guessing that its shuting off

Nah man... I really think there was such an video on the site, but I'm really too tired to look for it :)

You can do a lot with the iPad, almost everything you can do with your PC, you're really lucky, deserve a "Congratulations"...

Just read the user manual for starters, than go online and spend your salary on the iStore :P

got a hold of a real human that with native language being mine to begin with. he said i have to download and install itunes :( 68 mb that when ran will download 3 gbs he said. worst then vista. of no sim card on the ipad. so the only way to call would be using a app. thinking about jailbreaking this. i realy dont like having to be force to use itunes for everytime i want to access and put stuff on my ipad. that is plain wrong and frankly illegal. btw jailbreaking legal in the usa now under dmca. :) that ruling also means all moding of anything is legal. so they can kiss my azz. btw i ask what firewall or antivirus software there was or needed. he said there is no os virus made. yeah sure.

if you think about it if windows os programs didnt have any of that crap running on the computer it would be a super fast system too.

charign the iapd over night and will think about itunes. just gives me the creeps of having to install it.

dang it. im really getting tired of just making a message and having to refresh to get the edit button. mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

when i log in can my forums show up as the old style? jsut asking. i know with yahoo email one of my accounts still shows up as the classic

• Administrator

Though I haven't tried iTunes' latest version, it's like banging your head repeatedly on the table. Each and everything you do, has to be done with iTunes. It may be specially optimized for Mac but it's heavy, slow and bloated POS on Windows. I'm no expert in iOS, but I believe every update they release, they fix the jailbreaking hole, then those guys that jailbreak it release another jailbreak for the newest version within a day or two. Apple hates the jailbreakers so much (I guess every company does) that I recently heard that it bought one of the group (or a guy?) that were famous for jailbreaking.

I'll advice you to jailbreak it, but before that, make sure you investigate properly the pros and cons of it.

well going to hcarge over night and see if i can see anything on the ipad 2. i guessing it might already come with ios 5.0. is so i cant jailbreak that yet anyway. if its the 4.3 ect it is jbingable. im guessing i stil have to connect it to the laptop to actually frekaen start (base on what the support guy yes) with itunes 10.5. its like this place. i like the freedom to get and go andisntall what i want. not pc or freakish controling wormy wants.

if jailbreaked im guessing you can install andoid apps on it then?

btw is the point system button gone or does the Like button add points to someone?

post-41-0-67407000-1320631871_thumb.jpg

The old reputation system is now replaced with the Likes. Liking a post will also add a point to that person :)

You cannot use the "old" forums as it's possible with Yahoo, they're gone... OK, maybe there's a backup somewhere, but still unusable ;)

...than go online and spend your salary on the iStore :P

LOL! :P

Archived