Windows and Windows old folders?

bigjohn

G'day

I have just realized I have two windows folders: Windows and Windows old in both, W7 32 and W7 64. I deleted some large installed programs from Windows old _ W7 32, the drive shows more free space now. Now. Would it be OK to delete the entire Windows old folders? Are they supposed to be there? Are they wind back back ups?

Thanks in advance.

John

post-1109-0-46894000-1320133935_thumb.jp

• Replies 4
  • Views 808
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Windows.old folders are folders that are laying there when you update your Win7 installation. It is safe if you remove then. They're backups only.

I see that you have two partitions with Windows 7 , one with Windows_32 and another one with Windows_64 (?!?)

Why that ? It seems that recently (31 oct.) you have installed Windows 7 (x64) over an old (15 oct.) install Windows 7 (x86) :huh:

G'day

My old HP printer won't work on W7 64. HP doesn't support the model and there is not any 64 bit driver for it. However, it works on W7 32 ran as XP SP3 compatibility.

I have reinstalled OSs a few times because of problems installing SP1 and other W7 updates. I do reformat partitions before reinstalling.

Thanks for reading and answering.

John

Archived