Self Destruct USB

Guest jeand.com

Guest jeand.com

Security is one of my favorite subjects, anything related to it interests me. Having said that i wanna know if someone know how to make a USB flash drive self-destructive meaning that the flash drive will self-delete all data on it if it is plugged in a computer that its MAC address is not specified within the code. I want to add MAC address of many computers that my USB is can connect to but in case it is stolen and inserted into a computer that is not included in my safe list i want the USB to self-delete everything in it and if possible send me email containing the info about the computer in which my USB was plugged.

Note: MAC address or any other way to make a safe list of a number of computers so that i can protect my data in case my flash get stolen.

Thank you

• Replies 12
  • Views 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Are looking for an article or make a "request" to have someone makes a software that work just the way you ask?

Guest jeand.com

thank you all no x3r0 thanks for asking i was just asking if anyone knows how to write a batch file for example to do what i mentioned before. thanks Ehsan very helpful. 69-stang it is a good web but not what i was looking for. btw Credo ut Intelligam any idea for the most safe data encryption for flash drives ???

True Crypt most trusted of tools by me... only after little while gets borring and I stopped using it

The safest bet is encryption without a doubt....imo. Some enterprise SSDs with uber-strong crypto will simply delete the encryption key if messed with...making the data totally unrecoverable.

Archived