Could this happen to me?

Shadow_1

Hello everyone,

Soon I shall be changing to Nod32. My Norton subscription that I paid for will run out in mid September. There is just one thing that i have to understand first. What are the chances of me getting caught with a "fixed" version of Nod32.

I know this probably sounds stupid, but since it connects to their site to download the updates, would they see that the trial version is actually lasting past its trial date? I realise that this is probably a really noob question to ask. Just want to make sure that my computer is secure and safe.

Also, i know there are some worthwhile programs to get that will help. Could somebody please post about them? That would be great.

Thanks guys

P.S. Congrats on the move, everything now is loading smoothly :lol:

• Replies 8
  • Views 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

nah, the update routine only downloads update.ver, checks the component and signature versions contained within, and downloads the newer ones; if available. no other data is sent or recieved :lol:

plus, they're SOOOO many people using my fix i doubt they could do anything to begin with (except update and fix the problem in the soft itself) :D

i doubt they could do anything to begin with (except update and fix the problem in the soft itself) :lol:

and discover fast enough how to solve it

Hello everyone,

Soon I shall be changing to Nod32. My Norton subscription that I paid for will run out in mid September. There is just one thing that i have to understand first. What are the chances of me getting caught with a "fixed" version of Nod32.

I know this probably sounds stupid, but since it connects to their site to download the updates, would they see that the trial version is actually lasting past its trial date? I realise that this is probably a really noob question to ask. Just want to make sure that my computer is secure and safe.

Also, i know there are some worthwhile programs to get that will help. Could somebody please post about them? That would be great.

Thanks guys

P.S. Congrats on the move, everything now is loading smoothly  :D

cough cough. just uninstall notron, reboot and then reinstall. they even say to do that on their own website if you have any probelms. (ei virus acanner problems) you then get a whole new year of 365 days. :D

unless its the one that came on your pc to begin with. they are kind of special oem versions that you have to uninstall and install the real iso disk version.

btw any nes about the next nod32 coming up? lost mine on the dead harddrive. :lol:

nah, the update routine only downloads update.ver, checks the component and signature versions contained within, and downloads the newer ones; if available. no other data is sent or recieved :P

plus, they're SOOOO many people using my fix i doubt they could do anything to begin with (except update and fix the problem in the soft itself) :D

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Sweet, thanks for the info nsane. Good to hear that your fixes are highly sought after :D

Yes, i am using the version of Norton that came with my computer. I think Nod32 will be a better alternative anyway.

I'd recommend anyone who installs software that came with their PC to check whether they have the latest version (or thereabouts). It's not always best to use what came with their PC purely for convenience. I know a PC retailer (well known) that still ship an OEM copy of PowerDVD 3.0 with their systems, when as we know, Cyberlink are already on version 6.0.

I'd recommend anyone who installs software that came with their PC to check whether they have the latest version (or thereabouts). It's not always best to use what came with their PC purely for convenience. I know a PC retailer (well known) that still ship an OEM copy of PowerDVD 3.0 with their systems, when as we know, Cyberlink are already on version 6.0.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yea, mine came with v3. Thought it looked a bit outdated. Then i upgraded to v6, so yea, it's all good :P

I like powerDVD. Thats what I use to watch my DVDs....

But my computer came with the newest version so hah! :P

I usually stick with the security programs that came with my computer till the substription runs out (like in a year or two). I mean, you got the substription, might as well use it.

I like powerDVD. Thats what I use to watch my DVDs....

But my computer came with the newest version so hah! :D

I usually stick with the security programs that came with my computer till the substription runs out (like in a year or two). I mean, you got the substription, might as well use it.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

My thoughts exactly :P

Archived