Can someone know your location when chatting on Facebook?

mrkool123

• Replies 8
  • Views 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

its possible, but i will wait for someone more qualified than myself to explain how. dont want to give out bad advice ;)

I know that getting an IP from your YM! interlocutor used to be damn easy - dunno if the hole was fixed meantime. If direct file transfer is available, than your IP will be seen. Dunno about FB, but should be possible too, although I assume it would take considerably more effort.

I wouldn't be bothered about your IP unless you have a big bank account and doing something you shouldn't be doing, they wont target you for no reason.

If a REAL hacker wants to get into your computer he will do it no doubt about that.

Yahoo Messenger - File Transfer and knowing what to do - Yes.

Facebook - With that many rouge apps/links flying around - Of-course. But your one in how many million?

meh noone cant find out where i live with just my ip address alone, than kyou verizon!

Yeah it's really easy to find out someones location with facebook chat. Let me demonstrate:

Me: hey mate.

Them: hello there.

Me: where are you?

Them: just at home.

Me: cool, thanks, now I know where you are.

beware of social hacking :D

If u really want to know more about exploiting social networks,

good start will be to find DEFCON videos(there are few related to social network)!

facebook chat based on browser programming language like java and related so it easy to get where are you from like country and state(if any) yahoo messenger is really individual program not like browser but basic of internet communication based on ip address only so nobody can't hide themselves, so hidden truth is everybody is naked when their oc connected to internet. (i love this last line baby :rofl: )

Archived