Universal Confirms Fourth "Bourne" Movie

Rudeboy2025

Variety posted an extensive article about the future of Universal Studios, now that the writers strike is over. Apparently, the studio will launch several high-profile projects, which include several franchises. One of those franchises is the "Bourne" series, which both Matt Damon and director Paul Greengrass have agreed to return for.

The article states: "Shmuger and Linde landed Paul Greengrass and Matt Damon for a fourth "Bourne" movie, even though the director and star seemed ready to wrap it up after three pics."

It has been recently reported that Damon has changed his mind about returning for a fourth installment, even though he seemed very confident during the 2007 Cannes interview. "I'm definitely done with that. I think we've ridden that horse as far as we can. The character lives on in the books and if someone else wanted to play it it, I guess they could."

According to the following numbers, Universal would be crazy to turn down this lucrative and well received franchise. "Bourne Identity" earned $214 million theatrically on a $60 million budget. "Bourne Supremacy" earned $288 million theatrically, on a $75 million budget. And "Bourne Ultimatum" made over $442 million theatrically on a $110 million.

Source: WorstPreviews.com

I'm in two minds about this.

I'm excited to hear that they're making another one, but Robert Ludlum only wrote 3 books. The 2 other books are by a different author and I hear that they are bad. I don't know if they will adapt another book or if the writers will make up their own story. I'm hoping for the latter. If they can do it right, I'll be their opening night.

• Replies 8
  • Views 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I liked the first three movies, hope the next one will be as good as the first were.

I liked the first three movies, hope the next one will be as good as the first were.

what were the first three names?i think i only saw two.

The Bourne Identity, The Bourne Supremacy, and then The Bourne Ultimatum (which won 3 Oscars last night).

Saw only the third one when the early dvd quality workprint came out, but it felt kinda "broken" probably 'cos I haven't seen the two earlier movies..

Saw only the third one when the early dvd quality workprint came out, but it felt kinda "broken" probably 'cos I haven't seen the two earlier movies..

Yea you have to watch them all to follow the story. The storyline is really hard to understand, when i saw the first movie i didn't get it for the first 30 minutes, after that it became clear. The first movie is hard to understand too because the two main characters look alike.

• 4 weeks later...

Man they surely gonna kill Jason Bourne in this movie :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :angry:

Yea you have to watch them all to follow the story. The storyline is really hard to understand, when i saw the first movie i didn't get it for the first 30 minutes, after that it became clear. The first movie is hard to understand too because the two main characters look alike.
Man which two characters look alike? :) :fear: :frusty:

Archived