delete ie 7

dock98

i am having a connection problem with ie 7 and want to delete it and reinstall.it is not in add/remove.i am running windows vista home premium 64.thank you

• Replies 2
  • Views 771
  • Created
  • Last Reply
i am having a connection problem with ie 7 and want to delete it and reinstall.it is not in add/remove.i am running windows vista home premium 64.thank you

try downloading the file to begin with and installing it afterwards. see if it will allow you dto do the install. it should

You might want to try this:

Firstly, you need to enable hidden folder. Go to window explorer and choose Tools>Folder Option>View>Show hidden files and folders.

Then you need to look for a file call: sysoc.inf which is generally found in C:\Windows\inf folder.

Do a back up just in case!

Open the file with notepad and look for the line describing the program you want to uninstall..e.g.

program=program.dll,xxxxx,xxxxx.inf,HIDE,3

Program which are uninstallable have the HIDE embedded in the string.....

Remove the HIDE...eg

program=program.dll,xxxxx,xxxxx.inf,,3

To force it to show up.....Save the sysoc.inf file, then run the Windows Components Wizard.

It should show up in the wizard, for you to remove it!

Hope it help, cause I use firefox, set it as default and did not remove IE

If it is not there,..... Go to:

Control Panel>add/remove programs>on the left side is a button to add/remove windows components-IE should be one of the components.....if I remember correctly.

Archived