Mo Husen

I having problems accessing Mediafire.com for the last few days, I keep getting error message:

"HTTP 404 - Object Not Found

The requested URL was not found on this server. thttpd/2.25b 29dec2003"

Has anyone experienced this problem?

What is wrong?

• Replies 25
  • Views 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have the same problem on sky broadband

hmm, does anyone have a suggestion as to what it could be for the ones who are getting the error?

seems like it might be from the broadband provider? though that's just my hunch as i dont really understand them sort of errors.

edit: googling it seems to bring up mainly the same past issues with sky broadband and again right now.

perhaps it's just a glitch thingy that happens every so often?

hmm, does anyone have a suggestion as to what it could be for the ones who are getting the error?

seems like it might be from the broadband provider? though that's just my hunch as i dont really understand them sort of errors.

edit: googling it seems to bring up mainly the same past issues with sky broadband and again right now.

perhaps it's just a glitch thingy that happens every so often?

Try to use VPN or proxy changer see if you can connect to mediafire

yup using a proxy worked for me. still would just rather be able to access the site normally though :/

You need to contact with your internet provider see what can they do for you.

meh :/ i'm quite deaf and hate talking over the phone cuz i can never hear properly.

apparently according to a website i found just with posts about all this with mediafire 404, said they think it's something to do a IWF? Don't know really anything on it. I think it's some cencoring company for some isp's? anyway, the ppl on there think it's to do with them.

I can access mediafire and have a premium account, but I'll be dang, can't upload squat.

Welcome to MediaFire

Powerful for business, simple for everyone

The easy way to host and share any files including

documents, presentations, videos, and images.

Virgin Media - working fine

working fine here...uploading as we speak...type :)

I tried minus.com for a short while but they unfortunatally live up to their name. A big MINUS

I tried minus.com for a short while but they unfortunatally live up to their name. A big MINUS

I on the other hand love Minus.com. It works well for sharing files; no waiting time to download, no pop-ups either (well I'm using Firefox with AdBlock Plus but I'm not sure if it has pop-ups to begin with).

Oh yeah, mediafire works for me. Yesterday it wasn't going threw at all. Most likely, your ISP's are undergoing national censorship testing, in intervals.

change your dns use google dns or open dns :)

Thanks for the advice. Switched to open dns and exited peerblock, peershield, utorrent, & Anti-Trojan Elite and was finally able to upload again. Jeese its like jumping threw hoops.

I on the other hand love Minus.com. It works well for sharing files; no waiting time to download, no pop-ups either (well I'm using Firefox with AdBlock Plus but I'm not sure if it has pop-ups to begin with).

Oh yeah, mediafire works for me. Yesterday it wasn't going threw at all. Most likely, your ISP's are undergoing national censorship testing, in intervals.

share your file on hulkshare or zippyshare :)

Hi Mrsmith

Please email [email protected] so we can help you investigate the issues. We're doing our best to improve all aspects :)

Thanks!

Archived