Comodo Internet Security 5 .8 or Avira Internet Security Suite 2012?

House_maniac

• Replies 21
  • Views 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't know to much about Avira IS but CIS 5.8 has a rock solid firewall. And the anti-virus portion has improved emensly over last couple of years.

yup been using comodo since the last three month i grab a key of avira via its promo was trying it i unistall it i found comodo to be more effective and with comodo you know what happening eg the firewall is powerful,avira on the other end is kinda base on detection. i guess prevention is better than cure :)

I don't know to much about Avira IS but CIS 5.8 has a rock solid firewall. And the anti-virus portion has improved emensly over last couple of years.

I agree with RobrPatty - I don't know much about Avira IS, but I've been using COMODO for almost 6 month since I switched from KIS 2011. Although it doesn't offer any kind of internet security suite (spam filtering, website/ad blocker, anti-phising, etc), I found it has a very lightweight virii scanner (and i think the scanner was powerfull too, since it also detects almost every my *fix* as malware - this is annoying), very good firewall, also a very good behavior based detection (Defense+) - although it can be very annoying if you set it into paranoid :D And more importantly it is completely FREE, that's something you can't get from others...

I think it is the most powerful free anti-malware suite out there because others only offer a kind of basic protection such as virii detection - and most of them just to be able to delete or quarantine the virii they had found.

hey guys the topic says it all what would choose between these two security suites :)

I would go for Avira IS. It has stronger detections than Comodo IS. Take a look AV-Comparatives and AV-TEST result. Its top notch AV. You may install Avira without firewall and pick Comodo Firewall as additional layer protection. Then you will have SOLID suite :D

I had problems with Avira. Firewall is poor, couldn't use my Virtual machines (no internet connection) and wouldn't remember my decisions on detections. So yesterday switched to WSA and Comodo (with AV disabled) and all's working well again.

So I recommend Comodo. If you want the Pro version follow these instructions http://www.sparkindark.com/procedure-to-get-free-comodo-internet-security-pro-2012-one-year.html

Worked for me only yesterday. (I uninstalled after getting the reg code) Then installed the latest. B)

I had problems with Avira. Firewall is poor, couldn't use my Virtual machines (no internet connection) and wouldn't remember my decisions on detections. So yesterday switched to WSA and Comodo (with AV disabled) and all's working well again.

So I recommend Comodo. If you want the Pro version follow these instructions http://www.sparkinda...2-one-year.html

Worked for me only yesterday. (I uninstalled after getting the reg code) Then installed the latest. B)

nice i'm using comodo since three months,i've tried avira too but unistalled it as the only thing i notice with avira is thats the virus database has been updated nothing else with comodo i get more controls i just like comodo because of its firewall,the av part is ok! some false positive sometime but i kinda like the way that comodo works :)

Yes, I admit Avira might has a better detection rate than Comodo, and Comodo popup warning might be very annoying - but hey, there's always a price if you want some extra protection, either money or knowledge to understand how those security suite work.

Wait until you get infected - or repair someone else computer who got infected - by somekind of virus that inject themselves into every PE files you got in the computer... The only thing you can do with free Avira (i don't know about the paid one, but i guess it might has a better protection than the free), is to delete them whenever free Avira detects them.

Yes, I admit Avira might has a better detection rate than Comodo, and Comodo popup warning might be very annoying - but hey, there's always a price if you want some extra protection, either money or knowledge to understand how those security suite work.

Wait until you get infected - or repair someone else computer who got infected - by somekind of virus that inject themselves into every PE files you got in the computer... The only thing you can do with free Avira (i don't know about the paid one, but i guess it might has a better protection than the free), is to delete them whenever free Avira detects them.

free avira i guess didn't had webguard i was using the internet security suite not the free one,comodo is better in term of a suite,avira is good just need to improve its firewall also the way its displays when asking you permission to allow doesn't look good on w7 you feel like you are using xp.

i don't like avira webguard...it cause idm download slower...when download a file for example, cfos speed show download rate 100kb but idm just show only 30kb..slightly huge different between them..i dont know whats wrong..now i'm testing comodo with the free license given..

CIS 5.8

When u talk about AV detection u forgot that first thing real hacker will do is test if his "malware" is detected,

and then if he find his malware is undetectable he'll spread it,

and good FUD(real FUD) won't be detected by any AV, and the most common way of finding this virus is that security experts analyze that file and its behavior,

so until that happened your PC will be vulnerable on that virus,

and that is why CIS is in my opinion better than Avira IS.

• Administrator

You should trial them both and see what suits your needs the best. The best tool for me, almost certainly won't be the best for you.

i tried both plus i like comodo i know its better as it has a powerful hips just wanted to know your opinions i have mbam and hitman pro as backup scanner :)

• 3 months later...

Archived