Installing SSD Drive (Corsair force gt 120gb)

nun 99

ihave put together new p-c but the only thing i am not sure of is installing corsair force gt 120gb ssd and two seagate barracuda 500gb hdd,s both sata 6 interface,what is the best way to do this as i want ssd as boot drive the mobo is gigabyte z68x-ud4-b3.. cpu cooling is corsair hydro h70, . corsair ax 850 psu intel core "i 7-2600k lga1155, cpu. 16gb corsair vengence ddr3 memory/ and ati,radeon hd6950 graphics./in a coolermaster haf"x" case. so can i just plug in ssd and put o/s on it and have the 2 500gb seagates not in raid or is it better in raid any help would be greatly appreciated i know this is probably easy for a lot of u out yhere but i have not done this before and all kit is brand new so i would rather get walked through it rather than cause unnecessary greif,hope to hear from someone who knows what to do properley as this is the last bit of the new build and cant wait to get her up and going thanks again nun 99

• Replies 2
  • Views 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Put the SSD and then install your OS first and then see if you have the latest firmware on the SSD. See if how stable the two HDDs are on RAID before you decide to use it daily.

A general rule when going with an HDD raid 0 setup is to just use the hdd's separately for a couple of months (maybe even run them thru some extra stress testing even) before building your raid array. A sizable chunk of HDDs that fail, will do so within the first few months of service and then ofc the majority give up the ghost after 3-5 years of use.

Archived