Avast pro v6 vs eset nod32 v5.Which would you choose and why?

mrkool123

nod32 v5 has been buggy lately on my system,I'm thinking about downgrading to version 4.2 or try avast pro version 6.I tried installing avast IS ver 5 a while back.I attempted to uninstall it and it messed up my internet connection, i had to reload my system.I want to try version 6 but im afraid this would happen again.

• Replies 14
  • Views 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

well Eset works fine for my system .

i would prefer Eset over Avast ,

but still Avast is good enough .

why ?

because it suits my needs and i like it ..;)

you should have used the official Avast uninstall tool to remove it .

it runs in safe mode to do the job and pretty much does remove avast well enough .

just download it from the Avast home page ....

- avast! has a good detection rate (in malware tests) , but if you get a piece of malware that is not in their signatures ... you`re f..k.d ... nod32 has a better detection for new malware ...

- both are light on resources , depends on the computer hardware and the rest of the software installed (I have seen computers working better with nod32 , others working better with avast!) - it`s better to test on your computer ... :)

- avast! has a good detection rate (in malware tests) , but if you get a piece of malware that is not in their signatures ... you`re f..k.d ... nod32 has a better detection for new malware ...

- both are light on resources , depends on the computer hardware and the rest of the software installed (I have seen computers working better with nod32 , others working better with avast!) - it`s better to test on your computer ... :)

Sorta thought so.Im really looking for a good replacement until nod v5 fix some of those bugs.Tried bitdefender is 2012,it looks really good but is slowing down my boot time alot.How does latest panda and avg compare to avast?

I preffer Avast IS 6, hate ESS 5.

I respect your preferences, but I don't see any Avast 6 surpassing ESET in any aspect. I'd like to hear your reasons why you hold such views :)

ESS v5 use too much RAM on my system (cuz the HIPS),but on ver 4 it's works great on my system...

so i'm uninstalling ver 5 and trying comodo IS pro right now :D

if i have to choose between avast IS n ESS v4.i choose ESS.

but if it's ESS ver 5,i prefer avast 6 :P

ESS v5 use too much RAM on my system (cuz the HIPS),but on ver 4 it's works great on my system...

so i'm uninstalling ver 5 and trying comodo IS pro right now :D

if i have to choose between avast IS n ESS v4.i choose ESS.

but if it's ESS ver 5,i prefer avast 6 :P

Yes.It's also sending CPU usage very high too.Downgraded back to version 4.

you can also try comodo internet security suite which has a good powerful firewall plus av is getting better ;)

'

I am using EAV v5. The RAM usage is quite high around 70MB. I am also thinking switching to another AV. I haven't try if disabling HIPS will lower the RAM usage. As for CPU usage, it will go very high in some cases but most of the time it is ok.

Maybe I should give Avast 6 or just go to EAV v4.

Archived