eMule & MorphXT

Myrak

Can anyone help me with a step by step install and configuration of eMule and MorphXT? I tried it myself a little while ago and first up Sygate (or something else? :) ) wasn't allowing whatever ports eMule wanted to be open, so it failed those 'port check' things.

Plus I'm not sure if I had MorphXT installed and configured properly, and then I couldn't figure out how to connect to the KAD network. (edit - got connected to KAD :) )

And I would like to know what would be the 'optimum' settings for eMule (getting the most sources/fastest downloads etc).

Thanks in advance :sneaky:

• Replies 6
  • Views 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i don't use sygate so i can't help you there, but i use morphxt and it has a setting to use a random port each time you start it, if you are opening/forwarding ports for emule you might want to disable the random port thingie so you don't have to open a new port on your firewall each time :)

i just allow emule incoming and outgoing TCP and UDP on all ports with my firewall

are you behind a router as well?

No, I'm not behind a router (I don't think I am :) ), but I just reinstalled eMule and tried the port test again, and the TCP port still fails :sneaky:

What the hell? :)

edit: Turned off Sygate, tried again, same result. I'm still clueless as to why that's happening.

that online test isn't that reliable, i've NEVER passed it to be hosnest, use emule all the time tho :sneaky:

as for settings, the best to do would be to set your upstream to 60% of your connection and downstream to 40%. the number of connections and stuff all depends on your connection speed, differs for everyone. the setup wizard should set all that fine if you selected the correct connection type etc. :)

that online test isn't that reliable, i've NEVER passed it to be hosnest, use emule all the time tho :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Really? I remember passing it fully only once, about half a year ago. Since then I've never passed. But yeah, eMule seems to be working fine anyway (and giving me a HighID too).

And how would I go about changing those settings you mentioned? (what menu etc)

well if you have highID you're OK for incoming connections

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Alright :)

edit: gotta go now, catchya later guys~

Archived