Ebook to PDF

irefay

I purchased some ebooks I thought they were actual .pdf 's but come to find out they are actually read by adobe digital editions. No problem, all I have to do is print screen, open Adobe Acrobat>create new PDF from clip board> and I have a single page. Then I save it as a pdf, and go on to the next page. After I am done, I combine the individual pages into a single PDF and create a batch process using Acrobat to crop to the proper dimensions and run it through ORC.

Except that is a lot of work! Any suggestions on how to do this easier? I already did few quick searches for getting around the Adobe Digital Editions DRM... but I haven't found anything.

Geez, you buy books on digits so your kids dont find them and BAM you end up wasting a weekend pushing print screen a few thousand times!

• Replies 6
  • Views 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
bearoninternet
I purchased some ebooks I thought they were actual .pdf 's but come to find out they are actually read by adobe digital editions. No problem, all I have to do is print screen, open Adobe Acrobat>create new PDF from clip board> and I have a single page. Then I save it as a pdf, and go on to the next page. After I am done, I combine the individual pages into a single PDF and create a batch process using Acrobat to crop to the proper dimensions and run it through ORC.

Except that is a lot of work! Any suggestions on how to do this easier? I already did few quick searches for getting around the Adobe Digital Editions DRM... but I haven't found anything.

Geez, you buy books on digits so your kids dont find them and BAM you end up wasting a weekend pushing print screen a few thousand times!

Print screen is no good, you'd better directly print to pdf (adobe acrobat, not reader, distiller).

You can find more on this topic here.

If you don't have adobe acrobat, there are a lot of pdf printers available, freeware/shareware, open source etc.

My personal favorite pdf printer (not for free, but that shouldnt be a problem huh? :sneaky: ) is pdfFactory

Good luck. :rolleyes:

Format is PDF but it uses Adobe Digital Edition...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adobe_Digital_Editions

Basically, I connect to Adobe's Encrypted server, they send me a flash feed of the PDF. Its Adobe's DRM scheme.

No problem, all I have to do is print screen, open Adobe Acrobat>create new PDF from clip board> and I have a single page. Then I save it as a pdf, and go on to the next page. After I am done, I combine the individual pages into a single PDF and create a batch process using Acrobat to crop to the proper dimensions and run it through ORC.

Yep pretty evident that I already have Adobe Acrobat.

Well, I got all three books done, It only took about 40min per 200 pages. I OCR'd them and optimized them. PM me if you would like a pdf copy of:

Lube Jobs: A Woman's Guide to Great Maintenance Sex

http://://www.amazon.com/Lube-Jobs-Womans-Gui...e/dp/1585425613

The Low Down on Going Down: How to Give Her Mind-Blowing Oral Sex

http://://www.amazon.com/Low-Down-Going-Give-...g/dp/0767916573

Blow Him Away: How to Give Him Mind-Blowing Oral Sex

http://://www.amazon.com/Blow-Him-Away-Give-M...g/dp/0767916565

They make Great gifts for that special woman in your life. (aka its Valentines day tomorrow, why not try something new in the bedroom)

also remember it is 100 % legal under dmca to get around the drm of ebooks. it was one of the exceptions that they came up with every 2 years

bearoninternet

also remember it is 100 % legal under dmca to get around the drm of ebooks. it was one of the exceptions that they came up with every 2 years

so google for remove drm adobe

here's what i found;

1. Open the PDF in ColorSync.

2. Choose File: Save as, and name it whatever you like.

3. Open the saved file in Adobe Reader or Preview and enjoy!

- more

Archived