Scanning Problem

csmdew

When I right click and select :Scan archives for viruses" I get prompt that says "no antivirus tool selected"; before this action would prompt nod32 to scan the file. Any idea what has happened to my scanning abilities.

• Replies 6
  • Views 951
  • Created
  • Last Reply
When I right click and select :Scan archives for viruses" I get prompt that says "no antivirus tool selected"; before this action would prompt nod32 to scan the file. Any idea what has happened to my scanning abilities.

Yep, you probably open files with WinRAR am i right? You need to open that and go into the options, there you'll be able to find a way to select the 'new' nod32 scanner for scanning your files.

Yep, you probably open files with WinRAR am i right? You need to open that and go into the options, there you'll be able to find a way to select the 'new' nod32 scanner for scanning your files.

Ok thanks got it to scan compressed files now regular files it say file format not supported, any more ideas on this one. Previously I just installed nod and everything setup without me making any changes so lost with these problems. Also do u know how to exempt certain folders from standard scans as eset had put the program hacks in their list of viruses so nodlogin and the others show up as viruses. Thanks again for your help.

Click: Display: Standard mode and set it to Toggle Advanced mode, then Setup, Advanced setup, Antivirus and Antispyware and then Exclusions. Ad the folders/files you want to exclude there, that should solve that problem.

About your other problem with the 'regular files saying: format not supported' you have to give me some more information, i don't totally understand.

Ok thanks got it to scan compressed files now regular files it say file format not supported, any more ideas on this one. Previously I just installed nod and everything setup without me making any changes so lost with these problems. Also do u know how to exempt certain folders from standard scans as eset had put the program hacks in their list of viruses so nodlogin and the others show up as viruses. Thanks again for your help.

Click: Display: Standard mode and set it to Toggle Advanced mode, then Setup, Advanced setup, Antivirus and Antispyware and then Exclusions. Ad the folders/files you want to exclude there, that should solve that problem.

About your other problem with the 'regular files saying: format not supported' you have to give me some more information, i don't totally understand.

Thanks I found the exemption process and exempted the nod cracks but this is the prompt I get when I try to scan any folder "File format of file "C:/downloads/----file", is not supported for this feature". Got to be a way to allow nod to scan files seperately. Thanks............By the way the cmd is "Scan archive(s) for viruses".

Thanks I found the exemption process and exempted the nod cracks but this is the prompt I get when I try to scan any folder "File format of file "C:/downloads/----file", is not supported for this feature". Got to be a way to allow nod to scan files seperately. Thanks............By the way the cmd is "Scan archive(s) for viruses".

Deleted Ess and just installed AV and all is working, don't know why but it is. Problem solved

Archived