Combination of Firewall and AV

AeonFulx

Well I'm using Zonealarm Pro 7 with Norton Antivirus 2007 and has been using this 2 product for some years and no problem at all =) but I switched it to Kaspersky 6 and tested for a few months.

It worked pretty as the loading time for Kaspersky AntiVirus is faster compater to NAV 2007 so I kind of like ZA and KAV. But the recent of KAV 7 and ZA 7 hate each other ;) and I have to switch back to NAV.

Now I'm thinking of trying KIS and remove NAV and ZA of course. Do you think it is better?

• Replies 9
  • Views 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well I'm using Zonealarm Pro 7 with Norton Antivirus 2007 and has been using this 2 product for some years and no problem at all =) but I switched it to Kaspersky 6 and tested for a few months.

It worked pretty as the loading time for Kaspersky AntiVirus is faster compater to NAV 2007 so I kind of like ZA and KAV. But the recent of KAV 7 and ZA 7 hate each other ;) and I have to switch back to NAV.

Now I'm thinking of trying KIS and remove NAV and ZA of course. Do you think it is better?

i think kis is better.toyo convince me.he had quite a bit of info on it .

I read some of his post and he seems to like KIS :dance2: which also kinda make me wanna try it too. But I don't have the non blacklisted key yet.

I read some of his post and he seems to like KIS :dance2: which also kinda make me wanna try it too. But I don't have the non blacklisted key yet.

I PM'd u some links :dance2:

I PM'd u some links :dance2:

Ah i got it! Hmm KIS not bad :( I'm starting to like this product! Thanks again.

It worked pretty as the loading time for Kaspersky AntiVirus is faster compater to NAV 2007 so I kind of like ZA and KAV. But the recent of KAV 7 and ZA 7 hate each other :dance2: and I have to switch back to NAV.

i think someone posted about this at their work place. either este virus or firewall had to be used with one of them. it was pissing the guy off too

i think someone posted about this at their work place. either este virus or firewall had to be used with one of them. it was pissing the guy off too

Why yes, myidisbb - you're probably referring to my post (it is linked at the bottom.) Then, I was using a combination of NOD32 V3 and ZoneAlarm Pro 7.0.462.000. I have since switched from V3 to NOD32 2.70.39.

IMHO, one should try out different combinations of some of these reputed firewalls + anti-virus programs and settle for the one that seems to cause the least incompatibility issues - one man's medicine can be poison for another.

http://www.nsaneforums.com/index.php?showtopic=9107&view=findpost&p=43825

Well I guess trying out for yourself is the best. No point arguing about it and that allow you to feel the different function in different products.

Well I guess trying out for yourself is the best. No point arguing about it and that allow you to feel the different function in different products.

difference is what makes the world go round.

Archived