Eset Smart Security/AV server rollback fix

Marik

in the mean time i have uploaded a temp fix to resolve this crisis....once the u20 server will be back online I'll post a new one which will realign the servers once again

And I intend to stay true to my words....so this is for all those who downloaded the fix about ESS i posted yesterday...and it also goes for the ones who downloaded av'i something patch and want to revert back to temdono's once again

just download my attachment and follow the instructions....shouldn't be that hard to do :rolleyes:

• Replies 6
  • Views 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

how does the name of the official u20 server looked like? And should I have others in list? Or the u20 only? Cause I got only u20 and choose automatically.

And as far as I understand the u20 server still doesn't work... at least for me.

how does the name of the official u20 server looked like? And should I have others in list? Or the u20 only? Cause I got only u20 and choose automatically.

And as far as I understand the u20 server still doesn't work... at least for me.

the official u20 server looks like this

http://u20.eset.com/eset_eval/

....but it's currently down....so you would of have to either change the servers to "automatically" (if using the GUI)....or "AUTOSELECT" (if using "regedit")

and yes u20 is still down....so thats why that fix removes any "third-party" installed servers in the regedit...and allows updates from only the official ones

(see "[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ESET\ESET Security\CurrentVersion\Plugins1000400\Settings]" for more details)

well...this patch is only ment for the ppl who 1st applied TemDono's patch and after the "server not working" applied AV'is patch....

what this patch does is that it removes the changes the AV'is patch made back to the ones made by temdono

Archived