Best Security Combination For Windows 7

Ponting

What is the best security combination among these options?

1) Avast antivirus 6 & Comodo firewall 5

2) Eset Nod32 antivirus 5 & Comodo firewall 5

3) Eset Smart Security 5

• Replies 11
  • Views 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@lifeiscool

i would highly recommend using the forum search function

or if not searching then just browse through the " Security n Privacy Center " and " Software Chat " topics .

you would get some better , more knowledgeable n more comprehensive answers and even might find some better combinations . ;)

I'll take option 3.. one program.. not problems between running multiple security suites/installations/permissions/settings.. and it just works.. :)

I'll take option 3.. one program.. not problems between running multiple security suites/installations/permissions/settings.. and it just works.. :)

i agree ^^

Sl@pSh0ck™

Everything will boil down to your current config and your idea of "best security combination", your 3 options are all okay it is just a matter of choosing the lesser evil of the 3 :lol:, I suggest you try them out first and decide.

What is the best security combination among these options?

1) Avast antivirus 6 & Comodo firewall 5

2) Eset Nod32 antivirus 5 & Comodo firewall 5

3) Eset Smart Security 5

Whatever you go for I suggest an integrated AV solution i.e. antivirus & firewall in the same package cause I've seen conflicts more often when you install either of those from different vendors. As far as choices go pick any of the top five commercial suites(given below) or go for CIS 5 as an alternative freeware option !

• ESS 5
  • AVIRA IS 2012
  • AVAST IS 6
  • KIS 2012
  • NIS 2012

You'll still have to configure them for best results or according to your personal preference cause they all are top of the pack & pretty close in terms of features as well as detection rates !

Yeah I agree ...I recently moved from NIS 2011 to multiple security system ( Avast AV+ Commodo F) to Eset Smart Security 5 and I'm more than happy with ESET....

• Administrator

I'll recommend the 3rd. Used Avast + Comodo for couple of months. ESET + Comodo for 2 years. ESET SS for a year and am back to it again. Light, non-conflicting, works as I want. :)

Avast antivirus is the only thing I keep running at all times, but I also use these programs as needed:

Avast5.png avast! Antivirus

MBAM.png Malwarebytes Anti-Malware

SASP.png SUPERAntiSpyware

hitmanpro.png Hitman Pro

HiJackThis.png HijackThis

Archived