Eset Vs Are - TemDono's patch not working anymore ?

incurable

New problem detected while updating.

It opens a new window to fill your username and password (Licence Details)

------------

* We found something new: avi01's patch. It doesn't work like TemDono's fix but it's good. *

• Replies 58
  • Views 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

*moved to "Software Chat"*

please specify more details....wth is ARE ?

from what I'm making out you've just installed the v3 AV or ESS....if so then that "window" is a very common thing...every time eset blacklists you serial/user that window will pop-up since the app wants to update but doesn't have the right user/pass since they've been blacklisted

I'm using TemDono's fix. It doesn't update anymore. If you try to update by yourself it opens a window "Licence Details" to fill it with a username and password.

I don't get that....however yes I saw that it doesn't update itself anymore.....it's prob due to ESET finding out the "update servers" used in the patch and prob changed their URL or something....

....nonetheless the updates don't work anymore <_<

*Edit*

I re-edited the thread's title accordingly to our problems ^_^

I found a solution in google.

Search for avi01_ESET_Server_Patch_v2.1 it works but.. It isn't so good as TemDono's fix, you have to choose manualy a server to update.

At the moment is good.. We will see for how long it will works. ^_^

----------------------

It's ok about the editing Marik <_<

yup.. i could not connect to the evaluation server..

or maybe the server is just down.. hope so.. ^_^

meanwhile back to the usernames and passwords. tsktsktsk <_<

could you guys give me a list of the new servers...

thanks...

yup.. i could not connect to the evaluation server..

or maybe the server is just down.. hope so.. ^_^

meanwhile back to the usernames and passwords. tsktsktsk <_<

could you guys give me a list of the new servers...

thanks...

Download avi01 patch mate. and go on in your settings of antivirus -> update -> and choose a server from there manualy and press "ok"

and try to update ;)

thanks a lot <_< this beats using username and password every time i update.. hehehe

do i have to reinstall? or just apply?

If you had a fix on it, uninstall it.

Install the new one now avi01. Ctrl+Alt+Del and kill "egui.exe" and run again your antivirus.

This patch is a step backwards...It's just implementing third party servers, from what I can tell

If you prefer to use your security program for free it's good. :rolleyes:

This patch is a step backwards...It's just implementing third party servers, from what I can tell

At the least, you should really note it in the first post so people know what they are downloading. They probably think it works the same way as TemDono's did.

At the least, you should really note it in the first post so people know what they are downloading. They probably think it works the same way as TemDono's did.

Thanks for remind me that :frusty:

no sweat nothing happened to the patch the u20.eval server is just down :rolleyes:...as soon as it gets back up online again everything should be back to normal

no sweat nothing happened to the patch the u20.eval server is just down :rolleyes:...as soon as it gets back up online again everything should be back to normal

i tried using auto or other evaluation servers it asks for user name and pass!! Eset has hoks on this temdono for sure

avi01_ESET_Server_Patch_v2.1 is not downloading, it keeps saying the server has refused the connection, anyone else have this problem?

i tried using auto or other evaluation servers it asks for user name and pass!! Eset has hoks on this temdono for sure

if you try to change it manually you would have to manual change almost everything to fit with that particular server....

ahaha eset crakin down

yeah you would like that...wouldn't you ?

in the mean time i have uploaded a temp fix to resolve this crisis....once the u20 serv will be back online I'll post a new one which will realign the servers once again

i would not like that :frusty: lol but i posted something bout a new patch :frusty: good find :rolleyes:

glad I could help....I sure do hope ESET will get u20 back up online any time soon

Archived