Alternative Security Suites

Tweety.Abd

• Replies 45
  • Views 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@morteza

its not a single member who said , Norton deletes files . !

and now he needs to prove , that yes it does ..!

Search the forums to see , how many others have reported the same fact .

voice of the majority is a proof of itself , which holds its sanctity ,

same holds for the KAV .

me did not say any thing new or asked for any proofs from any one ...

i come here to learn new things and improve my existing knowledge from the experience , mistakes , trials , errors , questions , answers , experiments , comments , of other Members of the COMMUNITY .

i Respect every members comments, and dont ask them of proofs of their opinions .

Why are you acting like kids again? Don't you have mercy for staff having to read and edit/delete your comments on a Saturday night? DKT just asked you to be nice to each other, and he could not have been more clearer.

@Toyo

i said sorry to the Mods in my reply mate ..! :P

@Toyo

i said sorry to the Mods in my reply mate ..! :P

You don't do it if you know it's wrong, instead of doing it and say sorry :lol:

Anyway, I have edited out the parts from both yours and morteza's posts that could have been interpreted as provocative and impolite. If I missed something, please be good sports and edit the posts as needed yourselves :P

And enjoy the rest of the weekend in a cool&relaxed mood, eh?

[

Anyway, I have edited out the parts from both yours and morteza's posts that could have been interpreted as provocative and impolite. If I missed something, please be good sports and edit the posts as needed yourselves :P

And enjoy the rest of the weekend in a cool&relaxed mood, eh?

.............:P couldnt help it and typed on ,

but then i remembered i had ticked -- " Yes i read the forum rules at time of joining ! " in the forum Poll recently ,

so then i typed " Sorry " !! :lol:

yeah have a nice chilled week end to you too mate ..!

Cheers ............ :cheers:

@majithia23

I did not said how many members said Norton delete files without quarantine.I said if they are tell a truth they can attach a picture for that because i use it for some years ago and maybe help them or If i could not help them ,i say Norton is weak in this section.In first comment " Tweety.Abd " When he said about clean healthy files with reputation i did not said any things because that is true and if you search the forums you can find my comment about PC magazine's report about Norton's False Positives so you can not tell me i love Norton without any knowledge.I said about Norton's security solutions you can search in the internet and find a truth.

I have a easy sentence : When you live in real world don't test your AV with very unknown risks.Don't slave your brain with Light AV,...

I said when kaspersky blacklist its keys in Middle east wrongly without any answer,so maybe that is occur for you.When ESET find little Web risks ( in AV reports ) and have a problem with clean section ( I saw that ) you can not confide it.

Abstract: People must have a responsible + Light weight + Good ( not excellent ) in every section+ Good in real world risks AV. That is wrong?

"splash your face with ice cold water" I want to go to bed i'm very tired because i have a hard study today from morning till now ( 11.15 PM). :P

The end

Well.. sort of back on task... I do remember two AV's in the past that stuck in my head for one remarkably HUGE problem.. because of things along these lines.. For example MacAfee.. removing system OS files and causing problems in some systems.. Norton, ( seems like about a year or two ago ) and the Hitman Pro has on a few occasions.. depending on what version of the cloud they were using.. nabbed tcpip.sys which is the driver for network connection on XP machines.. which were removed by accident...

It is sort of a commonplace side effect of using a Rep system for telling people what is an infected file or not.. many variables especially when it comes to the source of those files...or understanding other problems that may exist with them.. incompatibility and so on... I would also say that what ESET uses call.. ' Potentially unwanted applications ' Norton will call as a file which has been identified to be removed... They have also been the source of blocking sites like nsane.down for some..I think basically with Norton if it is not a straight forward thing or possibly something that is AS Exe or something.. it removes it.. and last time I looked there wasn't any options for indicating what actions to take... and almost impossible to work with.. Much of what was said n the first post is what I remember of Norton and why I won't use it.. IF someone wants to not worry about it and just use a computer fine.. or don't have the proper knowledge to make decisions along these lines.. I would say it is the best choice.. For me.. NO.. I need control and to be able to alter how it operates.... and to be able to stop it from causing a problem.. ESS is good on that note and I have seen 5 in action here.. like it.. and I think it is reliable... The only problem s the one earlier with the HIPS Modules setting off and freezing a program.. I have to reboot to get it back running as intended.. but it is usually a rule that needs to be made.. combined with my old computer and the speed in which I am trying to use it... ESS5 is a far superior product IMO... or I would not use it..

Norton .. IMO can be problematic for anyone who does not want it to operate specifically the way the developers have set it up to operate... It is quite defined.. within there limited range of view from their standpoint.. Some this as a good thing.. but I see it as a non ' user-friendly ' side effect.. :P It is good to have people try to help... Language barriers or not or w/e.. but I know there are not any options for this.. and pretty sure I know the reasons..

BUT ...anyway.... .. Nobody recommended GDATA.. :dunno: WTS?! :lmao:

@Morteza - you should imagine that I have seen many times Norton2012 removing / deleting some files WITHOUT QUARANTINE

-> and that`s why I say again : Norton2012 is a failure ! .

Luckily I had an image (Acronis) saved after system installation (without any AV) - so I removed Norton2012 from my computer ...

(Sorry I did not have nerves strong enough to do ​​and some screenshots to show you)

PS : Norton2012-AV was installed with license , without any previous AV installed , on clean system . I consider that 5 days mean that I had a lot of patience with it ...now I can`t believe I resisted so much...

@Morteza - you should imagine that I have seen many times Norton2012 removing / deleting some files WITHOUT QUARANTINE

-> and that`s why I say again : Norton2012 is a failure ! .

Luckily I had an image (Acronis) saved after system installation (without any AV) - so I removed Norton2012 from my computer ...

(Sorry I did not have nerves strong enough to do ​​and some screenshots to show you)

PS : Norton2012-AV was installed with license , without any previous AV installed , on clean system . I consider that 5 days mean that I had a lot of patience with it ...now I can`t believe I resisted so much...

sorry to say this dude nobody will be experts in all categories. so in pc experience everybody learn through trail and error only. ask the experts they will tell their story to back it up this statement :D take every failure one step towards victory i mean find the best security suite you needed. :lol:

After so many years, I' m contemplating on trying Eset on VM, when free.

Currently, going through some of the writeups on the fixes.

BTW, some interesting review (NOT looking for a debate, please):

ESET has enjoyed a strong history where it has consistently been among the top providers of security solutions. ESET Smart Security 5 is easy to use and also offers many opportunities for customizing the solution to fit your needs. However, my experience where the system was very easily infected and damaged to the point of requiring a restore, keeps the ESET Smart Security 5 scanning solution from being one I can recommend to the novice user.

source: http://www.7tutorials.com

share code: /security-everyone-reviewing-eset-smart-security-5

@majithia23

When anyone said about Norton that it is delete files without quarantine them,must show a image about that because i never see that.

Here's the thing, when Norton blocks a file using Auto Protect, it keeps no back up. When Norton removes a file using SONAR or any other feature, it keeps a back up copy. I have attached a picture as per your request:

2hn0qvs.png

@majithia23

I did not said how many members said Norton delete files without quarantine.I said if they are tell a truth they can attach a picture for that because i use it for some years ago and maybe help them or If i could not help them ,i say Norton is weak in this section.In first comment " Tweety.Abd " When he said about clean healthy files with reputation i did not said any things because that is true and if you search the forums you can find my comment about PC magazine's report about Norton's False Positives so you can not tell me i love Norton without any knowledge.I said about Norton's security solutions you can search in the internet and find a truth.

I have a easy sentence : When you live in real world don't test your AV with very unknown risks.Don't slave your brain with Light AV,...

I said when kaspersky blacklist its keys in Middle east wrongly without any answer,so maybe that is occur for you.When ESET find little Web risks ( in AV reports ) and have a problem with clean section ( I saw that ) you can not confide it.

Abstract: People must have a responsible + Light weight + Good ( not excellent ) in every section+ Good in real world risks AV. That is wrong?

"splash your face with ice cold water" I want to go to bed i'm very tired because i have a hard study today from morning till now ( 11.15 PM). :P

The end

A bit too rude towards the end Morteza. As you know, we are well aware of how good Norton performs in the 'real world', but simultaneously, it has shortcomings like any other products. But what makes Norton so unusable to the vast majority of the people here, including me, is the 'lack of control' the user has over the computer and specially the AV. I love Norton's automatism, but there is no way to configure the Norton to ask us for decision when a certain even occurs, rather it decides on it's own, even if the user is logged in and using the computer which may well be a cause of nuisance. It's up to the end user to decide what they want and they make a decision which suites their need. Most of the people who do not use Norton are well aware about Norton's performance, but they chose different product which serve them best. It's not up to you to protest their decision, or demand proofs from them. Should you disagree, do so respectfully, if you want to know something, do so politely instead of demanding it.

Ultimately, I think the major flaw of Norton 2012 is that it's over-smartness that it decides every other actions on it's own and leaves the 'low, unimportant' decisions to the end user, considering we're dumb, what makes it worse is that there is no way for smart/advanced users to configure it to ask what to do.

Safety & Peace,

-Tag

After so many years, I' m contemplating on trying Eset on VM, when free.

Currently, going through some of the writeups on the fixes.

BTW, some interesting review (NOT looking for a debate, please):

ESET has enjoyed a strong history where it has consistently been among the top providers of security solutions. ESET Smart Security 5 is easy to use and also offers many opportunities for customizing the solution to fit your needs. However, my experience where the system was very easily infected and damaged to the point of requiring a restore, keeps the ESET Smart Security 5 scanning solution from being one I can recommend to the novice user.

source: http://www.7tutorials.com

share code: /security-everyone-reviewing-eset-smart-security-5

Don't know who the review expert was but clearly he doesn't know about the advanced protection ESET offers, talk about ignorance sheesh, when you turn advanced hueristics ON you can't possibly get infected or otherwise even when its OFF unless one has turned OFF realtime protection ! IDK why but even on pcmag ESS 5 got a terrible rating which suggests to me that these guys get paid a hella of alot more to give those 5 stars than otherwise they'd admit to, the only reputable site across the board for me is softpedia where you get tons of info under the news section & nearly every app downloadable through the net from different OS' is on their site & I particularly like the Editor's pick under various categories !

What used to kill me is when someone would test something, get a notification.. then allow it and say that it was ' a poor choice for a security suite '... or that the threat wasn't blocked/detected; more precisely.. People like that should be shown wrong for sake of proper data and information...

What used to kill me is when someone would test something, get a notification.. then allow it and say that it was ' a poor security choice '... or that the threat wasn't blocked/detected; more precisely.. People like that should be shown wrong for sake of proper data and information...

Yeah the guy doesn't tell ya which site, what infection disabled ESS & hopes others will believe this crap(though some novices will) the guy was probably paid by Symantec/Mcafee to do this! When I tried to post a comment under that article some captcha thing didn't let me, I guess they wouldn't want any blunders(bad PR) under a paid review !

NOW.. we know where 'The Faces of the Interwebz' originally came from.. Guys like this.. caricatures.. :lmao: No I don't know that for sure.. maybe 'OKAY-Guy'..and a couple of others.. All that aside some of the rogue scareware did just that to some protections.. IF I remember correctly.. with the proper settings however and awareness it was hard to miss.. what kills me.. LOL.. Only proves again that the user is the worse threat to computer security ( as per usual ) ...LOL.. EVER.. :P

the user is the worse threat to computer security ( as per usual ) ...LOL.. EVER.. :P

EXACTLY !!!! :D

the guy was probably paid by Symantec/Mcafee to do this!

Hush - Hush bro.... LOL :D

@Tweety.Abd

Yes,maybe you right in some section.I want to ask it from admin of Norton's forums.because i am a beta tester of Norton.

Archived