Best Anti-Spyware?

tamwang

hello guys! i'm just wondering, what anti-spyware i must install on my pc (XP), based on detection rate & ram resources. Thanks :)

• Replies 20
  • Views 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Webroot Spy Sweeper is a good choice, but I personally use ParetoLogic XoftSpySE

do you use it as your realtime? i might give it a try to know more about it. thanks bro! :)

can I use 2 anti-spyware at the same time? i mean, 1 for realtime, and 1 for on demand.

Yep, you can. I use Spybot S&D, it uses immunizations and has an on-demand scanner. A real time protection system is also included, called Tea Timer, but i don't use that. I never had any problems with Spybot S&D, even when some spyware got in, i was able to remove it in a min or two. Spybot S&D has some more useful utilities like a shredder and a startup list manager, but you should check those out yourself.

Spybot S&D

and Ad-Aware ;)

i agree l and i use them both too;however spybot is slower than shit on any computer i used it on.i am gonna give ParetoLogic XoftSpySE a try.

ohhh okay i think Spybot S&D is pretty slow... but it scans good :) and also i dont use none of that background scaning or none of that real time protection cus i know what im doing on my computer :rofl: so i dont even immunize so my computer only runs what it need to run so the computer always runs at its fastes :blink: Yeah :w00t:

I found Spyware Doctor to work great for me, it catches a lot of things that Adaware and Windows Defender don't, though SpywareDR is a resource hog.

Yeah u are right about that it finds alot that others dont... but thats why use more than one when u think you are infected or just a once a month or it depends on a user :)

ohhh okay i think Spybot S&D is pretty slow... but it scans good :) and also i dont use none of that background scaning or none of that real time protection cus i know what im doing on my computer ;) so i dont even immunize so my computer only runs what it need to run so the computer always runs at its fastes :P Yeah :w00t:

Lokz, immunizing doesn't slow down your computer ;)

well it lets me do alot more with out being blocked or whatever you know... but i always know what im doing so its cool <_<

you should come to realize that there isn't a "best" anti-anything....like there isn't a "best" anti-virus or a best this or a best that...these are just speculations based on the peoples experience....what may seem to them as "best" to others it may seem as "worst"...so you can't really judge a book by it's covers...

while I can't really tell you what's the "best" antispyware, I can only give you some ideas of what to use...personally I use Spybot...it's very effective and doesn't slow my computer down at all...

another good one would bee Webroot's SpySweeper...but you will need a serial for that...which can be obtained either from their site (exploit....which is kinda fun since the site has many vulnerabilities ahahaahah), or from a torrent/cracking team/site

I hope this helps you out in a way

you should come to realize that there isn't a "best" anti-anything....like there isn't a "best" anti-virus or a best this or a best that...these are just speculations based on the peoples experience....what may seem to them as "best" to others it may seem as "worst"...so you can't really judge a book by it's covers...

while I can't really tell you what's the "best" antispyware, I can only give you some ideas of what to use...personally I use Spybot...it's very effective and doesn't slow my computer down at all...

another good one would bee Webroot's SpySweeper...but you will need a serial for that...which can be obtained either from their site (exploit....which is kinda fun since the site has many vulnerabilities ahahaahah), or from a torrent/cracking team/site

Well said <_< ^_^

thanks bro! :)

I haven't got any spyware since I switched to firefox from IE.. (and that was years ago)

So I'm kinda amazed so many ppl still get spyware..

Few times I've installed spysweeper & ad-aware after year of usage and got no spyware at all so I thought that with my surfing habits I don't need any.. Just know where you get your stuff.. Whatever it might be.. ;P

And I'd never use realtime antispyware, no more useless ram hogs for me nah.. ;)

Around 15 processes is where I try to keep it, with progs running less than 20.. ;)

I haven't got any spyware since I switched to firefox from IE.. (and that was years ago)

Same here. Since I've been using Firefox ;) ... Xoftspy, Ad-Aware & Spybot are a waste of space. They pick up negligible mru's up at best, and that's after around 8-9 months without checking.

I'd rather do a fresh install of windows every 1-2 years than bother with Reg Cleaners, AntiSpyware app's etc.

So I'm kinda amazed so many ppl still get spyware..

Few times I've installed spysweeper & ad-aware after year of usage and got no spyware at all so I thought that with my surfing habits I don't need any.. Just know where you get your stuff.. Whatever it might be.. ;P

And I'd never use realtime antispyware, no more useless ram hogs for me nah.. :sneaky:

Around 15 processes is where I try to keep it, with progs running less than 20.. :D

I use IE for many years and recently change to firefox, agreed that there is less spyware. But once in a while I do get one or two spyware, and I use Spybot S&D and Ad-aware and

both works well.

Archived