Need suggestions about buying pendrive

sanjoa

Hi, guys! How you doin'? I'm going to buy a new pendrive, with 16Gb capacity, and I don't know what brand should I choose. I was thing on a Corsair Voyager USB 3.0 (I'm going to buy a new MOBO soon, with USB and SATA 3.0). What do you recommend me? (I prefer better performance regardless the price)

• Replies 5
  • Views 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mushkin has the best read/write performance for the price. They don't look as stylish as the others but Mushkin is the best performer in my book.

which ever you buy ,

just stay away from an HP .

i bought an 8GB HP drive and after 4 months it just froze .

completely went dead ,

i tried many ways to see what was wrong , but it just wouldnt respond .

just showed the contents , but you could not do any thing else more than that .

when asked for replacement ,

the stupid salesman asked me for the carton in which the drive was packed , as a proof of validity .!

duh:

HP = Fail .

Patriot all the way.

I've had one from them for 4 years that gets used daily, and it still works great. Meanwhile, every other brand I've tried fails far before it's time.

The only issue I've ever had with any of my Patriots is that I lost the rubber cap that covers the exposed end. I emailed them and they sent me, free of charge, several replacement caps.

Patriot all the way.

I've had one from them for 4 years that gets used daily, and it still works great. Meanwhile, every other brand I've tried fails far before it's time.

The only issue I've ever had with any of my Patriots is that I lost the rubber cap that covers the exposed end. I emailed them and they sent me, free of charge, several replacement caps.

+1....Patriot USB sticks FTW! They may cost a touch more but are worth it.

A 'good' USB 3.0 stick isn't gonna be cheap and I'd recommend Corsair for 3.0 actually...with the GT being tops.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&N=100007960%2050001459%20600082309&IsNodeId=1&name=USB%203.0

To give you an idea of how popular patriots are, look at the ratingd of the first 3 items of this patriot listing on NewEgg...

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&N=100007960%2050002204&IsNodeId=1&name=Patriot%20Memory

I have 1 4gb and 2 8gb sticks...never a single issue. ;)

• 1 month later...

Personally, I prefer SanDisk, I been using them for years and they proved to be quite reliable, at least for me. Just my 2 cents.

Archived