Reinstall and reset TCP/IP in windows

Marik

If you are unable to establish a connection to the server, unable to load a web page or unable to browse and surf the Internet, even though network connection to modem or router appears to be OK, this may be because of a corrupt TCP/IP stack. If indeed this is the problem then the solution is to reset the TCP/IP to original state.

The “NetShell” utility, a command line interface for configuring and monitoring the Windows networking service is used to reset the TCP/IP settings.

Reinstall TCP/IP settings in Vista:

1. Click Start button and type “cmd” in the search area (without the quotes)

2. Right-click the cmd and select “Run as Administrator”.

3. In the elevated command prompt which appears after that, type “netsh int ip reset” (without quotes) and press enter

4. Restart the PC

This command will remove all user configured settings on TCP/IP stack and return it to original default state by rewriting registry keys that are used by the Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) stack to achieve the same result as the removal and the reinstallation of the protocol.

Reinstall TCP/IP settings in XP (and Windows 2003):

1. Open Start-menu and click Run and type cmd

2. In the Command prompt type “netsh int ip reset [ log_file_name ]” and press enter

3. Restart the PC.

the log file will record all the actions taken by the NetShell utility.

view.gif Source: DotNetWizzard

• Replies 9
  • Views 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks but i'm not sure this topic belong to "Software News"

Don't u think a tech corner would be be much better to put all guides, FAQs or how-tos in it?

well we don't have a tech corner....:(

make one ? for what ? a single guide ?....

anyways I'll make a topic and see what the other staff members think about the ideea

thanks a million, this is an everyday issue with me in vista, this is very handy man. thanks a lot

had this happen to me on a ouple of my XP boxes. prety weird stuff actually, coz I've tried all kinds of these TCP/IP reset progs and commands to enter into command promt. imho even this one, but nothing did ever work, everything pings right, but no web-browsing no matter what browser. however - put in a fresh eth card = you're good to go.

don't give me "maybe you've set up a proxy in your IE settings" or "maybe just the eth card went dead?" <_<

had this happen to me on a ouple of my XP boxes. prety weird stuff actually, coz I've tried all kinds of these TCP/IP reset progs and commands to enter into command promt. imho even this one, but nothing did ever work, everything pings right, but no web-browsing no matter what browser. however - put in a fresh eth card = you're good to go.

don't give me "maybe you've set up a proxy in your IE settings" or "maybe just the eth card went dead?" :D

:) Have you tried watering it lately? Try this command "netsh in wateringCan iplant reset [ log_file_name = Miracle Grow ]. Sometimes you just have to grow your own ip configuration.

:dance2: Have you tried watering it lately? Try this command "netsh in wateringCan iplant reset [ log_file_name = Miracle Grow ]. Sometimes you just have to grow your own ip configuration.

:D mwehehehehe no, no watering :P

but I will most definitely try it on my xbox when RROD strikes :D

but regarding IP configs - everything seems correct. why tha hell it would go apeshit so suddenly when nothing has been done/changed ? :) crap, now I start to sound like one of my users :D

the gnomes are always behind it. attacking during the night, when there's nobody @ the office

Archived