RARSlayer v1.0 contains trojan?

krewk

Hi everybody!

Yesterday i got unpleasently surprised by my antivirus (NOD32, with latest updates), suddenly it just popped up telling me that the RARSlayer v1.0 (that i dl´d from here some months ago) did contain "probably a variant of Win32/Spy.Agent trojan", so i deleted both the rarslayer exe file and the rar file that contained rarslayer. I "googled" the virus name, and there where several hits, mostly they said it was a keylogger or a dropper. It made me a bit worred since i have lots of accounts on diffrent websites and i use my internet bank, and i don't want my passwords to be stolen.

So finally to the question :P , has anyone else of you people had this trojan warning, is it really something to be worried about or is it just one of those patchers that have that kind of "virus like" behavior in order to work properly?

Thanks in advance

• Replies 2
  • Views 838
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hi everybody!

Yesterday i got unpleasently surprised by my antivirus (NOD32, with latest updates), suddenly it just popped up telling me that the RARSlayer v1.0 (that i dl´d from here some months ago) did contain "probably a variant of Win32/Spy.Agent trojan", so i deleted both the rarslayer exe file and the rar file that contained rarslayer. I "googled" the virus name, and there where several hits, mostly they said it was a keylogger or a dropper. It made me a bit worred since i have lots of accounts on diffrent websites and i use my internet bank, and i don't want my passwords to be stolen.

So finally to the question :P , has anyone else of you people had this trojan warning, is it really something to be worried about or is it just one of those patchers that have that kind of "virus like" behavior in order to work properly?

Thanks in advance

in spy sweeper it will say its a key gen. all slayer does is patch the nag on your win rar. you may delete slayer afterwards. you will not have any hits. im guessing you got nod32 from here too. i bet its 2.7 version. therefor you have two files that made it last longer. nod32 will declare they bad too. if it you exclude them and run a full scan.

slayer is 100 % safe

you know if you use norton and mcafee virusscanners will say you have a virus/trojan when your time limit has passed? it will ask you to go too their website and you then get sucker into buying more time

Hi everybody!

So finally to the question <_< , has anyone else of you people had this trojan warning, is it really something to be worried about or is it just one of those patchers that have that kind of "virus like" behavior in order to work properly?

Thanks in advance

in spy sweeper it will say its a key gen. all slayer does is patch the nag on your win rar. you may delete slayer afterwards. you will not have any hits. im guessing you got nod32 from here too. i bet its 2.7 version. therefor you have two files that made it last longer. nod32 will declare they bad too. if it you exclude them and run a full scan.

slayer is 100 % safe

you know if you use norton and mcafee virusscanners will say you have a virus/trojan when your time limit has passed? it will ask you to go too their website and you then get sucker into buying more time

Yes i dl'd nod version 2.7 from here, but it didn't detect the "nod32 fix" file as potential virus/trojan, and also on my other computer where i use nod version 3.0, it detected rarslayer's exe as a trojan. But anyhow, as you wrote myidisbb, it's probably safe.

Thanks for the help, it made me feel a little less worried :D

Archived