Have You Read The Forum Rules?

Tweety.Abd

56 members have voted

1. 1. Have You Read The Forum Rules?

• Yes, I read them the moment I signed up.
    • Nah, I only realize its a rule when I break one.
    • No, I haven't read the forum rules so far.
    • Yes, I read them long after I signed up.

So I were bored today and I read the Forum Rules for the first time since I signed up, so I'm interested to know if you guys have read the forum rules.

• Replies 19
  • Views 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good poll, haha. I don't remember when I read them the first time, but I guess I had better things to do on the site than reading rules when I signed up. So I'm voting for the last one :P

• Administrator

We do have the same Poll here. But that's a bit old. :)

When I was new, Lite had made an announcement about "Forum Rules Updated", because of that, I read it instantly. To top it off, everyday I used to sign in here, I used to see an "Announcement" View the latest news: Forum Rules Updated, I used to see that message and think that they have updated again. Everyday, whole freaking two weeks I read the Forum Rules from top to bottom. Epic noobness. :P

No.

I won't read the forum rules on every site. There is no such thing as forum rules.. Its common sense!

Plus are you really going to read through 30-50 forums rule page and remember line by line?

I scanned through them after I registered and probably read them entirely a couple of times when I joined the staff (so I picked the last option).

lol...

its first for me ...

i read them the moment i joined the forums .

why ?

well i was all chickens from using a site for downloading illegal and pirated content and feared ,if i registered, i would be tracked and booked ,

so i wanted to see what do the site/forum rules say about this ,

and searched for a rule which would say - " go on , eat what ever you want . we will take care of the bills ! " ,

so as to settle my feathers ..!! :P ........

:D

Alternative 4 voted for here. Common sense goes a long way when joining a new site. I usually don't read the rules before joining a site. It's more when actually participating posting stuff reading the rules comes in handy.

´

Somebody should really ban all of you guys, it`s too anarchistic what you`re doing here. ^_^

Most of the time i only read the rules that are pinned on top of a sub-forum, e.g. posting

rules und guides but i`m really sure that i have to read them when editing my signature

so don`t call me nerd, i vote for one. :lol:

I have been a presence here for so long that the rules and I are good buddies. We go out drinking sometimes. Man, last week, the rules got SOO plastered that he puked up all over and I had to omit (edit) it's obscenities. I only follow the rules if he hasn't eaten anything that makes him gasy, otherwise I sorta walk BY the rules. True story.

I have never read forum rules. All rules i have learnt from staff notes.

:omg: :hehe: :console: :read: :doh: Our poor Admin and Mods..... :lock: I have had my occasional :pissed: :snooty: but, :ermm: heated Topics get heated... :boxing: :hurt: and Most of the time I do it before I realize.. other times I have had things changed because it may sound that manner if stated like.. I dunno.. Alex Jones talking about MS killing people.. it is one of those deals where it could continue on... in many ways I am thankful for that... and try to improve in ways of putting it down in type.. or change from then on.. There is more to be said here about all that .. so I wear no halo.. and if your anywhere for very long it is bound to happen sooner or later.. even if you don't type anything or attempt to and have it run away from you.. sometimes best to just draw back before you hit POST... :P Even just working harder at things on a daily basis can facilitate aggravation... :dunno:

I think members should, ( Read the FAQ and Rules ) I know that in some ways questionable posts lead to other things... regardless of the connotation or implications according to those rules.. and subject matter.. It helps it keep it clear for everyone.. and cuts down on work by our volunteers.. :) ..and keeps us from making little mistakes.. L1k3 p0571n6 1n |3375p34k, and not covering up the g!@ d!@#$ m!@#$%^&*()!@ words we are not supposed to f!@#$%^ use as a manner of being f!@#$%^ polite and s!@#... Ya know.. or posting links incorrectly... so on and so forth.. :P

I would say they are reasonable.. and people should know them.. AND I did not read the Rule or FAQ as soon as I registered here.. I did read them later when I started noticing trends and wondering why certain things were done a certain way here.. Like the Sharecodes for example.. I was like.. Why? but I sort of got it.. then I read the rules.. Some things I am reminded of from other people's mistakes..as well.. even though I may or may not need to be.. Some things are just common sense..

I read the rules through the first time I registered. Now-and-then I scimm the rules through from time to time. Nothing too complicated to follow through, IMO :P

• Administrator

Those who haven't yet. You guys should do it now. We don't change the basic rules. It's extremely important if members read them. Not only it helps the staff, but the whole community overall. :)

... never did, but remember having a same topic ages ago... veirdly didn't gen BAN, but that I believe due to common decency and not going OTT too often :tooth:

• Administrator

All this makes me think that nsane.forums index should be replaced by forum rules. :sneaky:

All this makes me think that nsane.forums index should be replaced by forum rules. :sneaky:

I was just thinking the exact same thing, replacing the index with the forum rules for 1 day and adding a note that once everyone finished reading the rules it would appear again :P

I was just thinking the exact same thing, replacing the index with the forum rules for 1 day and adding a note that once everyone finished reading the rules it would appear again :P

should that be the day as when I'll be off on vacation :sneaky:

• 2 weeks later...

Ya ... some where between Vacation's and Wall street's ...sit in ... I make room for another blinding read!

Archived