LimeWire pro vs. FrostWire

shought

I heard about FrostWire but i've always used LimeWire pro, is FrostWire any better or are they just the same? I mean, download speed/memory usage/looks.

• Replies 24
  • Views 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think its about the same only dif is that they changed name... and suppostly none of the MPAA stuff is on it also i think LimeWire has more searches for some reason dont know :cheers:

there is no diff actually....the only diff would be that most of the ppl use limewire over frostwire

I think its about the same only dif is that they changed name... and suppostly none of the MPAA stuff is on it also i think LimeWire has more searches for some reason dont know :cheers:
there is no diff actually....the only diff would be that most of the ppl use limewire over frostwire

So there's no actual difference, but LimeWire does get more search results? :wacko:

no diff at all...frostwire you get for free :(...and you have to pay to get the lw pro ver which does exactly what it's free version does....

no diff at all...frostwire you get for free :(...and you have to pay to get the lw pro ver which does exactly what it's free version does....

i would say they are the same then.does frostwire have as many viruses and bullshit advertisements.

The advertisements.. i havent seen... but they both use same service and for some reason LimeWire Pro has more search results..... :smoke:

I did some "wikipediaing" to get this 100% right.. ;)

FrostWire is fork of LimeWire ("fork happens when developers take a copy of source code from one software package and start independent development on it, creating a distinct piece of software").

"The FrostWire program includes all of the free LimeWire version's functionality, plus a few features of LimeWire Pro's fee based upgrades. FrostWire also provides a chatroom which is absent in LimeWire."

I use LimeWire Pro as it's updated more often, FrostWire seems to be a few versions behind all the time.. & beacuse I like Lime.. :smoke:

Well thanks for all your replies, i think i'm going to keep limewire and leave frostwire alone for the moment.

Well thanks for all your replies, i think i'm going to keep limewire and leave frostwire alone for the moment.

Good pick ;) LimeWire Pro :D

i didnt know people still used that stuff to be honest...

is it like what kazza used to be???

I never knew kazaa the way it used to be. But it's similar to the kazaa i used years ago. But LW has faster dl speeds as kazaa.(The kazaa i know) Limewire is quite useful for downloading singles, but if you need an album a torrent is your man.

I only use LimeWire Pro for downloading music vids or some other small stuff like that if I can't find them (or can't bother to search) on internetzzz or bt..

I think it also has lots of XXX but I haven't remembered to try to search for any as I almost always use passes for paysites or just normal http dls.. ;)

Kazza has alot of copies now... and not safe to use... no one uses it like morpheous.. and others like winmx and more... LimeWire Pro is good enough and UseNet is SAFE and fast :P always use protection too.. ;)

where can i download the source to mess with it... and what program to use to mess with the code...? i wanna learn to do so. i have used some but i cant remember where they where.

where can i download the source to mess with it... and what program to use to mess with the code...? i wanna learn to do so. i have used some but i cant remember where they where.

FrostWire FAQ

Downside: You have to subscribe to sourceforge, don't know if you have to pay or anything.

FrostWire FAQ

Downside: You have to subscribe to sourceforge, don't know if you have to pay or anything.

i subscribe to sourceforge a couple of years now and no,it doesn't cost anything

• 2 weeks later...
I heard about FrostWire but i've always used LimeWire pro, is FrostWire any better or are they just the same? I mean, download speed/memory usage/looks.

Both of them are made from same core but limewire pro requires u pay some money and frostwire is free but in frostwire you don't get a turbocharge download so its upto you what you want to use. :blink: :rockon: :towel: :dance2:

Both of them are made from same core but limewire pro requires u pay some money and frostwire is free but in frostwire you don't get a turbocharge download so its upto you what you want to use. :dance2: :dance2: :dance2: :dance2:

You acctually get the turbocharged speed thingy in FW.

Same conclusion every time... No difference except for one being open source :dance2: And maybe FrostWire being behind on updates?

Archived