The Global WiFi Hotspot Database

tysroby

I haven't been this enthusiastic about discovering a website since discovering nsane.down :)

It is a handy page I learned of through Gizmo's Freeware. This is what the description says

This well-respected database of WiFi hotspots has around 102 million entries in its database. Just type in the address of where you're looking, and wait for the map to appear. It's free to use, and works with all major web browsers.

To browse the database online, no download is necessary. If you wish, there's also a download manager available, which you can install on your laptop to help you locate hotspots. Plus, if it finds hotspots that aren't in the central database, it helps the wefi community by uploading the details.

So join the community, make the database grow, and of course, in your travels, make us of their database here

wefi.jpg

• Replies 5
  • Views 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

eset flags the installer as Win32/InstallCore.C. I ignored it and continued to dl and when I tried to run the installer it gave me a gui error. Hmmmpf! Oh well. Thanks anyways!

eset flags the installer as Win32/InstallCore.C. I ignored it and continued to dl and when I tried to run the installer it gave me a gui error. Hmmmpf! Oh well. Thanks anyways!

r.schifreen, the author of the original article says the following : "Although this article is not primarily a review of the downloadable Windows wefi app, I have checked that app with Virus Total and it appears to be clean and trustworthy."

You can view the original article here.

Personally, I trust everything posted techsuportallert.com.

Archived