AVI to DVD Converter ?

Naughton

Anyone know where i could get a really good one for free ?

• Replies 16
  • Views 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i've tried but everything is trials, which then have watermarks on them, its disgustin ! Lol

i've tried but everything is trials, which then have watermarks on them, its disgustin ! Lol

Xilisoft DVD Creator is a personal fave of mine. PM me if you need 'something :love:

If you're waiting for a full version for free by sitting there without doing anything..!

What to say? :love:

Search for a serial and get over it!

Haha calm yourself son, am already on it :love:

WINavi does a fast and good job. It even subtitles. No menu's in versions <8 though.

Edit: not free though, but that shouldn't be a problem, right?

Best is really The Filmmachine. Search for it on the internet. You can add multiple source files, with subtitles if you want. It is totally free and does everything automatic.

Best is really The Filmmachine. Search for it on the internet. You can add multiple source files, with subtitles if you want. It is totally free and does everything automatic.

I'll check that one out! Heard of it before... Now dling it.

Bolt_Gundam510

well i could find one for you, but you might not want it from where i can find it though. :dance2:

Right well a downloaded Xilisoft DVD Creator, converts the file & burns the film to disc afterwords but.....when a put the DVD into my(& downstairs) DVD player the sound & voice is jumpy & out of sync, know anyway to fix it ?

Define jumpy, like it stops and then goes on real fast? This is probably an encoding problem... Is the sound OK on the .avi file?

You'll get an out of sync transfer if you try to port over MPEGs using Xillisoft. I've converted Divx's & Avi's over by the bucketload and each disc has turned out ok.

So my advice, don't do Mpeg's.

Define jumpy, like it stops and then goes on real fast? This is probably an encoding problem... Is the sound OK on the .avi file?

It stops then a bit of sound comes on then it stops aain etc like a stutter, and yes the sound is perfect on the .avi file, thoughts & feelings ?

It stops then a bit of sound comes on then it stops aain etc like a stutter, and yes the sound is perfect on the .avi file, thoughts & feelings ?

It might be a bad disc. A scratch on the surface causes the video to stutter in my experience, but i don't know about sound. Have you tried watching the disc on your computer? If it does work on your computer it's the dvd player.

If not try 'burning' the dvd onto your hard drive and watch it with a media player of your choice. Does the sound stutter in there as well? If not it's definitely the disc.

If not the disc then it might be an encoding problem. Try reinstalling the app of your choice and K-Lite Mega Codec Pack. If this doesn't work then it must be the program malfunctioning. Try another one, like WINavi. I never had any problems with that and it's fast.

I vote for winavi. It is simple and quick. It handles a good bit of formats besides what you are looking for.

However, it does not match up against some of the bigger packages out there like tmpgenc and some others.

That being said, it is winavi for me because I do not care about super quality - good quality is ok by me.

Archived