need your suggestion?

ichigo

• Replies 17
  • Views 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
which is better kaspersky internet security 7.0 or nod smart security 3.0 help...

THanX in AdvanCe

Nod Smart Security 3.0 is a thing of beauty. :love:

I never tried Kasperky, but i like Eset NOD32 very much, as for the suite i don't have to worry about a bad firewall because i have a router. So if you're behind a router just go for Eset! If you're not i wouldn't know.

I recently spent a month using both (on different computers). They both do a very good job as far as guarding against viruses and attacks which is probably why you have such intense flame wars on other sites. Nod has a bit smaller of a memory footprint. I probably wouldn't take into account disk size (even with only a 80GB hdd 18mb or so is really irrelevant considering how necessary of a program anti-virus/firewall is).

I ended up using Nod because I liked its user inference better. (although I liked its pre 3.0 antivirus gui much better, the advanced tree is ok though). I really think that the situation is similar to what you see among truck owners. You have Ford People, You have Chevy people both trucks are (usually) well made but their owners will be close to fistfights to "prove" that their type of truck is better than the other. Its a preference.

Oh yeah, Nod is easier to "extend" the free trial period. The Kaspersky people are aware of where to look to find "public" keys to blacklisted so a key only works for a few days.

I personally prefer Kaspersky over NOD.

Oh and if you actually purchase their product, the customer service is absolutely outstanding!

lol The other day I had a guy tell me that "According to PC Mag Mcafee is currently the best anti-virus out there" I did my best not to fall down laughing.

Give a try to Avast Pro- quite good

Does come with few false positives(manageble- unlike AVG thet would stop you from using most of hmm files), but safe and quite lite on resources (I'd say lighter than nod 3)

• 2 weeks later...

i have tried all of them and so far 10 years later i purchased kaspersy internet security on ebay express for a very reasonable price.(hint)you can get the 2007 version,which comes with a year of updates very reasonable on the web.

einstürzende

I prefer Kaspersky, use it in advanced mode which will enable full power of proactive defense (set of behavior blocker techniques which will react on already executed malicious files)...

Note: 1000+ of new viruses daily is very hard to be tracked (even best heuristic will fail on detection), so some kind of HIPS is a must to have (Kaspersky PD will be sufficient for that purpose), BTW Proactive Defense work with its full power only on WinXP, not on Vista...

Note1: Very good HIPS (+FW) and Heuristic detection can be found in Comodo Firewall Pro (v.3 series) (which is free BTW) and perfect HIPS is ProSecurity also...

Words of wizards: ....DO NOT RUN VARIOUS HIPS ON THE SAME SYSTEM (if they relies on the same hooks ring0 or ring3)...

Sorry for poor English , I know...

which is better kaspersky internet security 7.0 or nod smart security 3.0 help...

THanX in AdvanCe

both are very effective....but I prefer ESS since it has a cooler GUI ;) and unlike Kasp isn't a resource hogger :P

einstürzende

THanX in AdvanCe

both are very effective....but I prefer ESS since it has a cooler GUI :lol: and unlike Kasp isn't a resource hogger :P

THanX in AdvanCe

both are very effective....but I prefer ESS since it has a cooler GUI :lol: and unlike Kasp isn't a resource hogger :P

By all means, KIS is not resource hogger. If you disable all feature in KIS which are lack in ESS you will get faster performance out of KIS... ;)

well this just goes to show you that....it's still a resource hogger if you have to disable some of it's functions....

einstürzende

THanX in AdvanCe

By all means, KIS is not resource hogger. If you disable all feature in KIS which are lack in ESS you will get faster performance out of KIS... ;)

bigger doesn't always mean better....and they include features that most users don't even use....so until they disable them....they just stand there taking up ram

einstürzende
bigger doesn't always mean better....and they include features that most users don't even use....so until they disable them....they just stand there taking up ram

Archived