Eset Nod32 3.0.621.0 Antivirus Update Cache

Fuely

In the advanced setup tree, next to "Update",

there's a button to "Clear update cache:"

Does anyone know,

Is this file the update cache ?

"CACHE.NDB"

Location: Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\ESET\ESET NOD32 Antivirus\Charon

• Replies 14
  • Views 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Does anyone know,

"CACHE.NDB"

Location: Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\ESET\ESET NOD32 Antivirus\Charon

Nope, it should be cleaning ´C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\ESET\ESET NOD32 Antivirus\Updfiles´. I guess at least.

One question: why do you want to know, a particular reason or just 'to know'?

Does anyone know,

"CACHE.NDB"

Nope, it should be cleaning ´C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\ESET\ESET NOD32 Antivirus\Updfiles´. I guess at least.

One question: why do you want to know, a particular reason or just 'to know'?

• Administrator

Have you tried enabling advanced mode in the UI? There used to be options in the older versions to clear this.

Have you tried enabling advanced mode in the UI? There used to be options in the older versions to clear this.

Lite, i think he does know which action he should perform, but not what the action does.

Like I said in my last post y'all, Shought, in Post #2, was right, when he said that the Clear update cache button "should be cleaning the "Updfiles Folder", located at "C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\ESET\ESET NOD32 Antivirus\Updfiles"

(although, he said C:\ , sum people, like me, have XP on a different drive or partition than C:\ , in my case D:\ , that's y when I type a location, refering to something, I either leave out the drive letter, or put X:\ , - I'll let that go, this time :rofl:

- anyways, like I also said, after Shought posted about the Updfiles Folder,

I checked the size of that Updfiles folder,

before clickin the Clear update cache button today -

and that Updfiles folder was 8.55 MB,

and after clickin that clear button,

that Updfiles folder is now down to 580 KB.

So, that's what the button does,

Don't know if clickin the button does sumthin else also, didn't notice no other changes,

and don't know if that Updfiles folder just keeps growin if you don't ever click the button, - I would imagine that when that folder reaches a pre-determined size, it just automatically gets cleared, and they just put that button there fer rednecks like me to play with :duh:

In addition :

The em000_32.dat to em005_32.dat files,

located in the X:\Program Files\ESET\ESET NOD32 Antivirus Folder,

seem to always be those 6 files, so I guess they get overwritten.

That's two different places with update related files.

Sumthin else I've been noticeing, the same on demand scan of everything

on my rig, in this new v3.0.621.0, takes approx 30 mins longer to complete

than it did in v2.7

Reckon it's cause it's doin a better job of scannin,

or cause it's lookin pretty while it's doin it.

:love:

Like I said in my last post y'all, Shought, in Post #2, was right, when he said that the Clear update cache button "should be cleaning the "Updfiles Folder", located at "C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\ESET\ESET NOD32 Antivirus\Updfiles"

(although, he said C:\ , sum people, like me, have XP on a different drive or partition than C:\ , in my case D:\ , that's y when I type a location, refering to something, I either leave out the drive letter, or put X:\ , - I'll let that go, this time :rofl:

- anyways, like I also said, after Shought posted about the Updfiles Folder,

I checked the size of that Updfiles folder,

before clickin the Clear update cache button today -

and that Updfiles folder was 8.55 MB,

and after clickin that clear button,

that Updfiles folder is now down to 580 KB.

So, that's what the button does,

Don't know if clickin the button does sumthin else also, didn't notice no other changes,

and don't know if that Updfiles folder just keeps growin if you don't ever click the button, - I would imagine that when that folder reaches a pre-determined size, it just automatically gets cleared, and they just put that button there fer rednecks like me to play with :duh:

In addition :

The em000_32.dat to em005_32.dat files,

located in the X:\Program Files\ESET\ESET NOD32 Antivirus Folder,

seem to always be those 6 files, so I guess they get overwritten.

That's two different places with update related files.

Sumthin else I've been noticeing, the same on demand scan of everything

on my rig, in this new v3.0.621.0, takes approx 30 mins longer to complete

than it did in v2.7

Reckon it's cause it's doin a better job of scannin,

or cause it's lookin pretty while it's doin it.

:cheers:

You should look at your posts in code man... All those color codes. They look like fucking Chinese!

About the drive, i know some people use different partitions but still you know what i mean don't you.

The folder is not cleared after reaching a certain memory amount, but after a certain amount of time after those update files were last used.

I noticed the that the scan time went up too, don't exactly know why. Guess it has something to do with it looking pretty, but that doesn't take 30 more minutes... Something else going on i guess.

bearoninternet
You should look at your posts in code man... All those color codes. They look like fucking Chinese!

Hey tried so hard to make it look more attractive.

But you're right;

it just looks like chinese chinese-smile.gif

江南有丹橘 經冬猶綠林;

豈伊地氣暖? 自有歲寒心。

可以薦嘉客, 奈何阻重深?

運命惟所遇, 循環不可尋。

徒言樹桃李 此木豈無陰?

Fucking Chinese, on the other hand, is a completely different story :duh:

Hey tried so hard to make it look more attractive.

But you're right;

it just looks like chinese chinese-smile.gif

江南有丹橘 經冬猶綠林;

豈伊地氣暖? 自有歲寒心。

可以薦嘉客, 奈何阻重深?

運命惟所遇, 循環不可尋。

徒言樹桃李 此木豈無陰?

Fucking Chinese, on the other hand, is a completely different story :duh:

And he did a great job, the code just look kinda: WHOAWWW!

You're right about the fucking Chinese... Never watched that kind of stuff though. Truly, i haven't.

bearoninternet
You're right about the fucking Chinese... Never watched that kind of stuff though. Truly, i haven't.

Yeah me neither. :duh:

Thats why i checked out wikipedia for fucking chinese. :cheers:

Turns out to be japanese anyway. Thanks hate9x, you know your stuff.

About the drive, i know some people use different partitions but still you know what i mean don't you.

The folder is not cleared after reaching a certain memory amount, but after a certain amount of time after those update files were last used.

<snip>

Hey Shought, about the drive, obviously you know I knew what you meant. You knew I was just messin with ya, dont you.

You said that "The folder is not cleared after reaching a certain memory amount, but after a certain amount of time after those update files were last used."

I'm just wondering how you know that.

That's probly right, so are you just guessing because it's logical, or do you actually know from looking at info somewhere in the program or somewhere else?

Hey, tell me, how would I look at my posts in code...

and what is the chinese japanese stuff, I guess I'm missin sumthin (is it the using of different colors and underlining or sumthin)

I dont think I'm turnin japanese

I'm US Navy Rertired

Support Our Troops

You were right, i know that you knew what i meant. And i like messing with people too :rofl:

I checked that update folder being cleared, that's how i know. :lol: And of course, it's kind of logic.(Not totally though... Why keeping used update files for over a month...?)

(I don't know the exact time, i guess other things chip in too. Like if it's just a database update or an engine update.)

Too look at your posts in code click the 'refresh kind of button at the upper right corner. (I'd recommend looking at post #7) You'll see what i mean with Chinese when you look at that! :rofl: :rofl:

Archived