File Recovery Question

jbrid

I wrote a report in Word 2007. Saved it as 'doc' on my flash drive. This is the only place I saved the file. Then, I lost the flash drive. Does anyone have any ideas on how to recover the file from the PC that I did the work on? I already tried the MS Office AutoRecover options. It claims to be saving a copy of my report in this location every 10 minutes but the directory is empty.

C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Application Data\Microsoft\Word\

Any other ideas? Any software that can recover it?

Thanks for the help.

• Replies 4
  • Views 997
  • Created
  • Last Reply
bearoninternet
I wrote a report in Word 2007. Saved it as 'doc' on my flash drive. This is the only place I saved the file. Then, I lost the flash drive. Does anyone have any ideas on how to recover the file from the PC that I did the work on? I already tried the MS Office AutoRecover options. It claims to be saving a copy of my report in this location every 10 minutes but the directory is empty.

Thanks for the help.

I kept my keys in my car. I kept them in my dashboard. This is the only place i kept them. Then i lost the car. Does anyone have any ideas on how to recover the keys from my car? ;)

Thanks for the help.

without knowing for sure

i would think they were temp files and whenyou close word it erase or wrote over them.

anyway, there is a free very easy to use file recovery progarm somewhere on here. recuva. google it to find it on the web. it will do the job if you havent writen over it yet

without knowing for sure

i would think they were temp files and whenyou close word it erase or wrote over them.

anyway, there is a free very easy to use file recovery progarm somewhere on here. recuva. google it to find it on the web. it will do the job if you havent writen over it yet

Thanks for the idea. I will give it a try.

Thanks for the help.

I kept my keys in my car. I kept them in my dashboard. This is the only place i kept them. Then i lost the car. Does anyone have any ideas on how to recover the keys from my car? ;)

good analogy b.pretty funny.

Archived