ESET SMART Security 3.621

drameet

Hi i have been using the eset smart security with the temdono fix! I was using interactive mode for the firewall so that i have full control over my connections!! It was working fine till yesterday when i couldnt just connect to any website with myy browsers IE and FIREFOX both the firewall didnt allow it and it was not asking me eventhough i was on interactive now that i have chosen automatic its working!! I tried repairing my setup by insatllong ESSET again but the problem persists! Advise please

• Replies 1
  • Views 985
  • Created
  • Last Reply
bearoninternet
Hi i have been using the eset smart security with the temdono fix! I was using interactive mode for the firewall so that i have full control over my connections!! It was working fine till yesterday when i couldnt just connect to any website with myy browsers IE and FIREFOX both the firewall didnt allow it and it was not asking me eventhough i was on interactive now that i have chosen automatic its working!! I tried repairing my setup by insatllong ESSET again but the problem persists! Advise please

Sorry to say, but i'd bet on another firewall, imo eset's firewall is inferior to many others, especially regarding its tweakability, nobody can be sure of it's security (yet).

The spamfilter in the smart security doesnt support thunderbird (yet), so i skipped the whole suite anyway and just use the av for now.

What's more, the whole suite is becoming quite a resourcehog.

Just because nod32 2.7 worked great doesnt mean everything eset brings out is great too, look what they've done to nero ;)

Archived