Eset 2.7 to 3.0

zombiegod

Hi,

I'm still using the old Nod32 at the moment, around build 2.7ish.

I've lost track of the 3.0 topic, there are far too many posts to read through, and the number of different temperamental fixes that have been available have not swayed me, so I just thought I'd hang five (months) and wait until something concrete was released.

Do you think it's now time I moved over to the new Nod, or are the fixes still throwing up dead ends and niggles.

Temdono's fix seems to be the way to go. What do you think?

Cheers,

Rob.

• Replies 22
  • Views 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think you should upgrade, and use Temdono's fix for the moment. When nsane releases his fix i'd start using that. But it's your choice, i don't think it matters if you kept the 2.7 version.

The topics went out of control... lol but for now use other AV... like KS good one there aside from NOD32

The topics went out of control... lol but for now use other AV... like KS good one there aside from NOD32

You can certainly say that... And i think nearly half of the posts are useless.

About AV: Why should you use another AV Eset just keeps on extending the trial periods of version 3 and another option is to just stick with 2.7. I see no reason changing AV and having to learn how to handle another one just for a few weeks/months.

2.7 works fine. I like the interface of the new version, but if it boils down to reinstalling and fixing 3.0 every week or two I'm stearing clear. :dance2:

iagree l,its time to move on.KIS is da bomb.thanks to toyo

Download ESS(Eset Smart Security) v3.0.621.0 with TemDono's Fix (updates until 2050) and you will be perfect.

I don't think nsane will create a fix because TemDono made a fix for all.

I've taken the plunge. I've uninstalled Eset v2.7 and Comodo. The transition went smoothly and everything is working perfectly (fingers crossed).

The only thing I really needed to alter/find was:

• Remove the splash screen

• Get rid of the Eset stuff on I.E.

• Make the firewall interactive rather than automatic.

;)

I've taken the plunge. I've uninstalled Eset v2.7 and Comodo. The transition went smoothly and everything is working perfectly (fingers crossed).

:spank:

I´m glad it worked out ;)

Hi,

I've lost track of the 3.0 topic, there are far too many posts to read through, and the number of different temperamental fixes that have been available have not swayed me, so I just thought I'd hang five (months) and wait until something concrete was released.

Do you think it's now time I moved over to the new Nod, or are the fixes still throwing up dead ends and niggles.

Cheers,

Rob.

Hi,

Cheers,

Rob.

;)

Remember to exclude the fix from NOD32 since it's now detected from what I've heard.. I didn't have any probs with 2.7 myself earlier tho..

The easiest way to remove things is to uninstall or google it... lol and MSCONFIG ;) also just be aware on what you download and where you go :spank: for the people on prOn lol

if im correct theres still no "FiX" for vista x64 users?

not sure either. frankly im sticking with 2.7 because i like the controls options..

Was there a trick to removing the splash Screen or is it still done during setup?

To turn off splash screen its in setup -> advanced setup -> user interface, just uncheck "show splash screen at start up".

I think thats what u were asking about

is there any real reason to move to nod 3.0 virus? i didnt see 3.0 being better then 2.7 was i missing something? it fraknkly looked dumb down. less user controls.

i am ging to be working on my other computers here at the house. (wife & kids) ones.

is there any real reason to move to nod 3.0 virus? i didnt see 3.0 being better then 2.7 was i missing something? it fraknkly looked dumb down. less user controls.

i am ging to be working on my other computers here at the house. (wife & kids) ones.

I guess they improved the scanning engine, but as you can see they probably spend a lot more time in making it look better. My conclusion: this isn't an absolutely necessary upgrade for 2.7 users, i myself liked the old interface better too and i don't think they made much changes in the scanning engine at all.

• 1 month later...

ndxr5.jpg

i am using ESS 3.0.566.0 and i get the above problem when i fuly update ESS with temdono or dasumo v2 crack.. the same problem exists with nod32 3.0.566.0 AV plz help me

Im using ESS 642 with Temdono,so uninstall 566,delete all the folders,then use Ccleaner.

Then install 642 with Temdono,its working perfectly for me on XP.

ndxr5.jpg

i am using ESS 3.0.566.0 and i get the above problem when i fuly update ESS with temdono or dasumo v2 crack.. the same problem exists with nod32 3.0.566.0 AV plz help me

these fixes work on 3.0621 nu have to exclude the fix dude :wacko:

SHOUGHT and (few others members)!

i was having probl with ESS 3.0.566 and i've been told to install 3.0.642......

i installed 3.0.642 and patched it with dasumo v 2

dasumogu8.jpg

after that it updated lage files

updatingju6.jpg

but the problem it says is that the expiry remained the same.....

xprir3.jpg

plz tell me the valid solution and do tell me DOES MY MANUAL UPDATES FROM PIRTAED SERVERS (after editing update server) effect its automatic ESET update servers......??????????

plz help me as sharing is CARING :lmao:

Archived