New To Comodo Firewall

mray88

I know alot of people here use Comodo FW, which I installed about 2 days ago. Are there any decent tutorials on nsane for properly setting it up? I did a search but couldn't seem to locate anything. I'm having a problem where my internet connection has dropped to next to nothing since I installed Comodo, and figure I must have something setup improperly, but I'm just not sure where to look.

I'm using it with Eset AV.... are there some settings I need to adjust to insure the two behave well together? I had been using Online Armor, which had a loopback interface setting for use with AV software like Eset, but I can't seem to locate any similar adjustment in Comodo FW.

Anyway, I know many of you here are fans of both Eset AV and Comodo FW, so any tips or direction to getting it working well would be really appreciated. Thanks!

• Replies 3
  • Views 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i used to use Comodo some time back ....

you only have to configure it for allowing some special individual applications through it ,

or when you want you preferred level of security and alerts

other wise it works fine .

just let it install with Defense+ at optimal or disabled if you dont want it .

set the Firewall and the Defense level at learning mode after the installation , after making sure your system is indeed malware clean .

depending on your system , you can work on learning mode for as long as you feel comfortable and making sure the FW has learned the system behavior .

later turn it to clean mode or safe mode ....

" and make sure you enter the path of any other security stuff you have running on your pc into the FW's exceptions rule and FW under the security programs exceptions rule ..! "

m no expert on FWalls , but this worked for me and it should for you too ..

for any special tuts there are many at the official Comodo forums --

You don't need any guide really.. this firewall is simple and basic.

Set the firewall to custom. (this way is annoying but is ok when you have allowed everything).

You know whats trying to get in or even get out then.

Leave Defense+ & Sandbox Disabled. (if your using an Anti virus with real-time protection).

always keep a back-up of the firewall config.. (just incase you loose them) saves allowing everything again :)

thanks so much for these tips! Not sure which one did the trick, but my internet speed seems back in order, which was the most major concern..... geez, felt like it was 1999, I was listening to Prince, and was back on dial-up for two days.

thanks again guys!

Archived