Drivers

Pedrito

Hello nsaners.

I recently bought a laptop...notebook, or what they call it these days! dry.gif

Since it's my first laptop, I have one doubt... Maybe you guys can give some advice. I am wondering if I should keep using the manufacturer's drivers or keep them updated from sites like Nvidia, Intel, Realtek... The laptop is a Samsung model: NP-RC520-S01PT. I couldn't find any information page in English... :frusty:

Thanks in advance, and long live Nsane! :dance2:

• Replies 5
  • Views 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If all works- dont! something/anything doesn't- worth a try.

Samsung support is half decent- surprised you having problems OTT

Thank you for your reply.

I don't have any problems, I was just wondering if I should use the Samsung drivers and keep updating from Samsung site, or if I should update from other sites like I said before; Nvidia...

Just wondering what is the best choice, thanks again. :)

I myself suggest everyone to use latest drivers for top performance, and the best source to download is the manufacture official website like AMD or Intel and etc.

There is two reason for it:

1. Samsung or any other company could not always be updated to the latest drivers, they usually update their website once a month or more; the reason is that they have many other important jobs to do than just updating the driver files.

2. The drivers these companies give you is actually made by their original owners (again like AMD) and the only thing that may differ is Installer, some companies may change the installers with their own, otherwise everything is the same.

So, for updating/installing the drivers and applications related to the hardware, I suggest you to get them from the original manufacture website, it's highly recommended if you are gamer, because VGA drivers is important for games.

Thanks,

Nima

according to my opinion , one should definitely update the system drivers to the latest version .

there are performance improvements , compatibility improvements , and in general extra features come bundled with the along side new support programs .....

i have seen my Windows Experience Index jump up from 3.2 to 3.4 !! ;)

so it for sure shows improved system performance .

and for eg - when FF 5 and IE 9 were launched with the new HTML 5 support ,

FF laid the a minimum version of ATI Drivers it would require to run properly .

so if you are running the latest ,

you are ready for the latest stuff with optimal performance .

and esp when it comes to games ,

performance numbers depend a lot upon the drivers number .!! ;)

they are mostly safe to update .

most driver update programs come with an option of Back Up of drivers before performing an upgrade ...

i have used this program when ever i want to and it has served my purpose well - Slim Drivers ..

you can try this or the one that is front paged . just search in the index ...

Thanks guys, now I know what to do. :P

Gotta love these forums. :w00t:

Archived