What is your personal opinion on AVG IS 2012

mrkool123

• Replies 40
  • Views 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I worked with it a little bit on my friend's PC and I suggest you to go for another one, like ESET. ^_^

why you go the far way??

choose between NIS and KIS_even not eset! :P _and stay with it

(if both were on vacation go with Avast!) :D

one thing i have always said and will say it again -

one rule i have learnt on the WWW -

" what ever it is , what ever any one says , when ever anyone says , from where so ever any one says , all is immaterial .

stay away from AVG and McAfee ....!!! "

its simple , quick , efficient , and it really works . this rule rules ..! ;)

and Trend Micro added to the list .( courtesy P'Beanz ... ;) )

:rofl:

Why asking about the opinions from other peoples? It`s like other ppls say

they don`t like blondes, why should i avoid them then? :lol:

:rofl:

Why asking about the opinions from other peoples? It`s like other ppls say

they don`t like blondes, why should i avoid them then? :lol:

I like blondes.lol

Was just wondering, because pcmag rated the free version high, higher than nod32 v 5.lol

If you search for AV-rates you should avoid PcMag and languy99 :P

I would suggest you to simply test it for yourself, important things like performance,

detection rates, scan speed etc. It really can differ from other peoples conclusions.

I have tested more than a handful av`s for myself till i have found the one i`m happy

with. Tests and opinions can be helpful but if you really wanna know just test it for

yourself and give a damn on all the self-professed "Experts" you can find around.

AV's are just a PITA ^_^

People have them installed just so that they wouldn't feel 'naked' , but in reality they just consume space and resources, in fact... they cause more problems than them malwares :lol:

AV's are just a PITA ^_^

People have them installed just so that they wouldn't feel 'naked' , but in reality they just consume space and resources, in fact... they cause more problems than them malwares :lol:

+1

+1

+1

+1

I trialled the RC... and it ran FAR better than the previous versions (my computer remained functional), plus I also liked the tight control you had over scheduling updates etc.

As an AV/SS goes though... not too sure :rolleyes:

I agree with Ehsan.Only use NIS or KIS.NOD and AVG , etc are very small company in the world.come on,Symantec is the best B)

NOD and AVG , etc are very little company in the world.come on,Symantec is the best B)

what has the phrase ' little company ' got to do with ..... ? !

where does it say ,

if one is small / little ,

he is owned , and unworthy

or

by your criteria unable to do a job well ......? <_<

Smaller group can do a smaller job,that's very clear.You can see it with its responsibility in fixes and its updates ^_^ .

nothing personal ,

but you really need to get your basics clear ....

again ,

where does it say ' smaller group do smaller job . ' ? !

Quality is not dependent upon Quantity ,

though , the vice versa can hold true .... <_<

( ps - napolean was less than 5 ft in height , yet he brought the whole world to its knees .... )

1. ESET 5
  2. NIS 2012
  3. AVAST 6
  4. KIS 2012

In that order with NOD32 being the lightest while Kasperky the most power hungry btw AVIRA 2012 is gonna be released soon & its in top 5 AV list worldwide any way you look at it ! If you're installing it on a laptop then go for the lightest one(ESET/NIS) otherwise if you've got enough HP on your computer(portable/desktop) then any of the five mentioned above will do as they all are feature rich, have excellent detection rates & the only major difference being FP which can be lowered by setting the heuristics level to your convenience :)

for example: when kaspersky password manager was not compatible with firefox4 , 1 month later that was compatible.1 month very late in this level of business and security space.when kaspersky blacklisted 1000 license wrongly don't said any thing and don't replace it.that is clear,little company can not do a very brilliant job.ESET : its stability in clean section is very weak and its detection in html risks very weak. Norton is good (not exellent) in every section.when a risks available in your OS you can sure will be detect soon with its reputation and its pulse update.which company can update its definition every 5 minute? There is 1000 reason for choose Norton.come on guy,i don't say to any body you will be a Norton fan;)

for example: when kaspersky password manager was not compatible with firefox4 , 1 month later that was compatible.1 month very late in this level of business and security space.when kaspersky blacklisted 1000 license wrongly don't said any thing and don't replace it.that is clear,little company can not do a very brilliant job.ESET : its stability in clean section is very weak and its detection in html risks very weak. Norton is good (not exellent) in every section.when a risks available in your OS you can sure will be detect soon with its reputation and its pulse update.which company can update its definition every 5 minute? There is 1000 reason for choose Norton.come on guy,i don't say to any body you will be a Norton fan;)

marry Norton .... <_<

Archived